29.3573, Calls: English; Text/Corpus Linguistics/Switzerland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 18 04:57:06 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3573. Tue Sep 18 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3573, Calls: English; Text/Corpus Linguistics/Switzerland

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 00:55:09
From: Susanne Flach [susanne.flach at unine.ch]
Subject: 40th ICAME Conference

Full Title: 40th ICAME Conference
Short Title: ICAME40

Date: 01-Jun-2019 - 05-Jun-2019
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Contact Person: Susanne Flach
Meeting Email: icame40 at unine.ch
Web Site: https://icame40.ch

Linguistic Field(s): Text/Corpus Linguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 15-Dec-2018

Meeting Description:

We are happy to announce the 40th ICAME at the Université de Neuchâtel from
June 1-5, 2019. The conference theme is ''Language in Time, Time in
Language''.

The ICAME is an international conference for corpus-based approaches to
English.

Keynote Speakers:

Joan Bybee (New Mexico)
Lisa Lim (Hong Kong)
Monika Bednarek (Sydney)
Natalia Levshina (Leipzig)
Raj Mesthrie (Cape Town)

Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts for the following presentation formats:

- Full paper (20 + 10 mins discussion)
- Work-in-progress report (10 + 5 mins)
- Software demonstration (30 mins)
- Poster (incl. a 5-minute presentation in the Special Session)

Abstracts must be anonymous and not exceed 500 words (incl. references). They
should clearly state research question(s), approach, method, data and
(expected) results. Authors are allowed to submit two abstracts if at least
one paper is co-authored.

We accept submissions through our conference website until December 15, 2018.
Please go to https://icame40.ch/login to create an account and follow the
instructions. Notification of acceptance will be sent by mid-January.

Call for Workshop Proposals:

We also invite proposals for pre-conference workshops held on Saturday, June
1. If you would like to convene a workshop, please send your proposal to
icame40 at unine.ch by October 15. Notifications of acceptance will be sent out
by early November. If accepted, workshop convenors will be responsible for
calls (deadline: December 15) and peer-review (by January 10).

For more information visit our website (www.icame40.ch) or engage with us on
Twitter (@icame40, #icame40).

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: