30.3152, Jobs: English; Forensic Linguistics; General Linguistics: Full Professor, Aston University

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Aug 16 15:53:41 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-3152. Fri Aug 16 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.3152, Jobs: English; Forensic Linguistics; General Linguistics: Full Professor, Aston University

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 11:53:15
From: Tim Grant [t.d.grant at aston.ac.uk]
Subject: English; Forensic Linguistics; General Linguistics: Full Professor, Aston University, Birimingham, UK

University or Organization: Aston University
Department: Aston Law School
Job Location: Birimingham, United Kingdom
Web Address: https://tinyurl.com/y4vzj9v9
Job Title: Professor in Language and Law
Job Rank: Full Professor

Specialty Areas: Forensic Linguistics; General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Professor in Language and Law
Aston Law School
Location: Aston University Main Campus
Salary: £56,791 to £63,283 per annum
Grade: Band 1
Contract Type: Continuing
Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Friday 13 September 2019
Interview Date: Monday 30 September 2019
Reference:R190308

We are looking to appoint an individual who can lead work to establish the
Centre for Language and Law (CLL) alongside three existing Institute for
Forensic Linguistics research centres studying Spoken Interaction in Legal
Contexts, Forensic Text Analysis, and Forensic Speech Science.  To enable
this, the new post is established with a significant start-up research fund
(£60K) and you will be working with two newly appointed postdoctoral
researchers.

As part of the appointment process you will provide an outline proposal to use
these resources in an initial research project, which will establish CLL as a
significant location for work in the field you will be asked to provide two
papers as evidence of excellence in published outputs.

Please contact Professor Tim Grant (t.d.grant at aston.ac.uk) with any queries
about the roles or Odette Hutchinson (o.hutchinson at aston.ac.uk), Acting Dean
of Aston Law School  Aston University is committed to the principles of the
Athena SWAN Charter http://www.ecu.ac.uk/equality-charter-marks/athena-swan/,
recognised by a silver award. We pride ourselves on our vibrant, friendly,
supportive working environment and collaborative atmosphere.

As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all
disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.

To apply for  this role please visit the application link provided below.

Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.aston.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=R190308
Contact Information:
	Professor Tim Grant
	Email: t.d.grant at aston.ac.uk