30.4565, Calls: General Linguistics, Phonology, Pragmatics, Semantics, Sociolinguistics/Norway

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 2 20:24:56 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-4565. Mon Dec 02 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.4565, Calls: General Linguistics, Phonology, Pragmatics, Semantics, Sociolinguistics/Norway

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 15:24:30
From: Raees Calafato [raees.calafato at uib.no]
Subject: 4th Norwegian Graduate Student Conference in Linguistics and Philology

Full Title: 4th Norwegian Graduate Student Conference in Linguistics and Philology
Short Title: NoSLIP 2020

Date: 12-Mar-2020 - 13-Mar-2020
Location: Bergen, Norway
Contact Person: Raees Calafato
Meeting Email: raees.calafato at uib.no
Web Site: http://noslip2020.uib.no/

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Phonology; Pragmatics; Semantics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 01-Dec-2019

Meeting Description:

NoSLiP 2020 is funded by the Norwegian Graduate Researcher School in
Linguistics and Philology (LingPhil) and organized by Ph.D. fellows at the
University of Bergen. NoSLiP 2020 welcomes all postgraduate students in
linguistics and philology, with the only criteria being that participants have
not defended a Ph.D. by the time of the conference. The conference is open for
students from both Norway and abroad. We welcome submissions from all areas of
linguistics and philology, including, but not limited to sociolinguistics,
semantics, syntax, phonology, rhetoric, and pragmatics.

Call for Papers:

You are cordially invited to send your contributions for oral or poster
presentations by 15.12.2019 (23.59, GMT +1). The theme of this year’s NoSLIP
is Language variation, with a focus on Syntax and Morphology. We welcome
submissions from all areas of linguistics and philology, including, but not
limited to sociolinguistics, semantics, syntax, phonology, rhetoric, and
pragmatics. We hope that the conference will reflect the great variety of
graduate research within language studies. Oral presentations should not
exceed 20 minutes in length.

We hope that the conference will reflect the great variety of graduate
research within language studies.

Guidelines for abstracts:

- 1 page, including references
- Word limit for the abstract: 300 words
- Arial, 10-point font size, 2.5 x 2.5 cm margins
- Language: English
- Saved as PDF format, with any phonetic fonts or images embedded
- The PDF file must NOT contain information about the authors and their
affiliations

All abstract submissions must be made electronically through easychair.

LingPhil affiliates can apply for travel grants to cover hotel and travel
expenses. For non-affiliated PhD and MA students (also from outside Norway)
who would like to participate in the conference, LingPhil will award a limited
number of Conference Scholarships to international students, based on the
quality of the submitted abstracts.

Visit https://noslip-2020.jimdosite.com/call-for-papers/ for the full Call for
Papers.