30.4617, Calls: General Linguistics/Canada

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 5 20:26:13 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-4617. Thu Dec 05 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.4617, Calls: General Linguistics/Canada

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 15:25:39
From: Mark Smith [markziman.smith at mail.utoronto.ca]
Subject: 13th Toronto Undergraduate Linguistics Conference

Full Title: 13th Toronto Undergraduate Linguistics Conference
Short Title: TULCON13

Date: 07-Mar-2020 - 08-Mar-2020
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact Person: Mark Smith
Meeting Email: markziman.smith at mail.utoronto.ca
Web Site: http://slugs.sa.utoronto.ca/tulcon13/

Call Deadline: 10-Jan-2020

Meeting Description:

The University of Toronto's Society of Linguistics Undergraduate Students
(SLUGS) is excited to announce its 13th annual Toronto Undergraduate
Linguistics Conference (TULCON), to be held on 7-9 of March 2020! The
conference will be held at the University of Toronto (St. George campus) in
Toronto, Canada. TULCON is a conference run by undergrads highlighting
undergrad research. It is a fantastic opportunity for undergraduate linguists
to meet their peers and get valuable experience presenting their own work.

Call for Papers:

We are looking for any original research conducted by an undergraduate on a
topic related to linguistics. These can come from final papers from courses or
independent research or anywhere else!

Abstract Requirements:
One page, singlespace, 12pt Times New Roman (excludes citations). Please
submit as PDFs.

Contact:
Please send all abstracts tulcon2020 at gmail.com and include “TULCON13 Abstract”
in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail, please also include the
following information:

1. Title of abstract
2. Area of linguistics addressed by the abstract (e.g., syntax, phonology,
psycholinguistics, etc.)
3. Name(s) and affiliation(s) of presenter(s)
4. E-mail address of each presenter

In your submission, please indicate whether you would like to present a talk,
and/or a poster during our poster session. Accepted speakers for talks will
have the opportunity to present for 20 minutes, followed by an additional
five-minute question period. Poster presentations will be held during the
afternoon in a joint poster session.

Those who require a visa to enter Canada are encouraged to submit abstracts as
early as possible. If required, please indicate how much time you need to
secure your visa. We will try to review your abstract as soon as possible and
send you a notification of acceptance at an earlier date.