30.4740, Calls: General Linguistics/Italy

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 17 22:26:07 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-4740. Tue Dec 17 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.4740, Calls: General Linguistics/Italy

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 17:25:23
From: Annalisa Baicchi [annalisa.baicchi at unige.it]
Subject: 9th International Contrastive Linguistics Conference

Full Title: 9th International Contrastive Linguistics Conference
Short Title: ICLC9

Date: 14-May-2020 - 15-May-2020
Location: Santa Margherita-Portofino, Italy
Contact Person: Annalisa Baicchi
Meeting Email: 2020iclc9 at gmail.com
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/iclc9

Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2020

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce that the Ninth International Contrastive
Linguistics Conference (ICLC9) will be organized by the Department of Modern
Languages of the University of Genoa (Italy) and held at Villa Durazzo
(https://villadurazzo.it/?lang=en) in Santa Margherita-Portofino on 14-15 May
2020.

Call for Papers:

We invite contributions comparing two or more languages or
(synchronic/diachronic) varieties of the same language from a
functional-cognitive perspective and addressing topics from one or more of the
following areas: phonetics and phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics,
pragmatics. Both theoretical and empirical research is welcome. We also
welcome workshop proposals (with a maximum of five speakers per workshop).

Papers will last 20 minutes with an additional 5 minutes for discussion. All
submissions will be evaluated anonymously by the members of the scientific
committee.

Submissions must be made through the EasyChair system, which may be accessed
at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iclc9, no later than 15 February
2020.

Abstracts must be anonymous and should not exceed 500 words, excluding
references. Submissions are limited to two per individual (one single and one
co-authored).

Keynote Speakers:

The following keynote speakers have confirmed their participation:

Christopher Butler (Swansea University)
Sabine De Knop (Université Saint-Louis, Bruxelles)
Jordan Zlatev (Lunds Universitet)

Publication:

We plan to publish a couple of volumes collecting selected papers.

 Important Dates:

- Abstract Deadline: 15 February 2020.
- Acceptance Notification: 29 February 2020.
- Early Registration Deadline: 30 April 2020.
- Late Registration: from 1 May 2020.

Senior Consultant Committee:

Annalisa Baicchi (Università di Genova)
Marco Bagli (Università di Genova)
Cristiano Broccias (Università di Genova)
Giannoula Giannoulopoulou (National and Kapodistrian University of Athens)
Francisco Gonzálvez-García (Universidad de Almería)
Matthias Hüning (Freie Universität Berlin)
Luis Iglesias Rábade (Universidad de Santiago de Compostela)
María de los Ángeles Gómez González (Universidad de Santiago de Compostela)
Torsten Leuschner (Universiteit Gent)
Beata Trawinski (Universität Mannheim)

Organizers:

Annalisa Baicchi (Università di Genova)
Marco Bagli (Università di Genova)
Cristiano Broccias (Università di Genova)
Laura Santini (Università di Genova)
Enrico Torre (Università di Genova)
Elisabetta Zurru (Università di Genova)

Further info at: https://sites.google.com/view/iclc9