30.4815, Calls: Psycholinguistics/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 24 13:26:02 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-4815. Tue Dec 24 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.4815, Calls: Psycholinguistics/Germany

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 08:24:32
From: Anna Czypionka [anna.czypionka at uni-konstanz.de]
Subject: Linguistic Illusions in Sentence Processing

Full Title: Linguistic Illusions in Sentence Processing

Date: 08-Sep-2020 - 09-Sep-2020
Location: Konstanz, Germany
Contact Person: Anna Czypionka
Meeting Email: anna.czypionka at uni-konstanz.de
Web Site: https://www.ling.uni-konstanz.de/illusions-2020/

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Mar-2020

Meeting Description:

We are very pleased to announce the workshop “Linguistic illusions in sentence
processing”, hosted by the Research Unit “Questions at the Interfaces”, the
project “The Multilingual Mind”, and the Centre for Multilingualism, to be
held at the University of Constance (Germany), September 8 and 9, 2020.

This workshop will provide a platform bringing together researchers working on
different linguistic illusions in sentence processing. We will discuss the
interplay of different linguistic and nonlinguistic processes reflected in
these illusions, and the wide array of diagnostics and tools used in this
field. Our goal is to identify the overarching questions in the research of
illusions, and to arrive at a more comprehensive understanding of the
parallels and differences of the different phenomena currently subsumed under
the umbrella term “linguistic illusions”.

Confirmed speakers: Markus Bader (U Frankfurt), Ian Cunnings (U Reading),
Julie Franck (U Geneva), Colin Phillips (U Maryland)

Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts on psycholinguistic and neurolinguistic investigations of
different linguistic illusions, for example attraction errors (number
attraction, case attraction etc.) or intrusive licensing of negative or
positive polarity items. We particularly welcome abstracts dealing with:

- the interplay between different components of grammar in sentence processing
- the connection between illusions in sentence processing and the theoretical
background of the related phenomena
- the role of memory retrieval in sentence processing, and its interplay with
linguistic processing
- effects of illusion in bi-/multilinguals
- comparisons of experimental outcomes and insights from modelling approaches

Abstracts should be one A4 page (12 pt, excluding references and linguistic
examples) for 30 minute talks or posters, to be submitted to
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lisp2020

For more information, please see
https://www.ling.uni-konstanz.de/illusions-2020/

Contact: anna.czypionka at uni-konstanz.de