30.4856, Calls: English; General Linguistics/Japan

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 26 13:56:08 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-4856. Thu Dec 26 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.4856, Calls: English; General Linguistics/Japan

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 08:53:57
From: Tsutomu Ohna [forum-elsj at kaitakusha.co.jp]
Subject: English Linguistic Society of Japan 13th International Spring Forum 2020

Full Title: English Linguistic Society of Japan 13th International Spring Forum 2020
Short Title: ELSJ 2020

Date: 09-May-2020 - 10-May-2020
Location: Suita-shi, Osaka, Japan
Contact Person: Tsutomu OHNA
Meeting Email: forum-elsj at kaitakusha.co.jp
Web Site: http://elsj.jp/about-the-elsj-spring-forum/elsj-spring-forum-calls-guidelines-visa-information/

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 12-Dec-2019

Meeting Description:

We are happy to announce that the 13th ELSJ International Spring Forum is to
be held as described below. All presentations and discussions will be
conducted in English. All abstracts must be written in English.

Location:
Kansai University, Osaka
3-3-35 Yamate-cho, Suita-shi, Osaka, 564-8680 Japan

Organizing Committee: Kairi Igarashi (Chair)

Guest Speakers: to be announced

Registration Fees:

ELSJ members: 2,000 yen
Non-members: 5,000 yen
Non-member students: 3,000 yen

Contact: forum-elsj☆kaitakusha.co.jp

2nd Call for Papers:

Abstract submission deadline has been extended.

We invite abstracts for (A) oral presentations (each a 20-minute talk plus a
10-minute discussion period), (B) poster presentations, and (C) proposals for
workshops (presentations and discussion for approximately two hours) in the
following area(s) of linguistics:

1) phonetics and phonology
2) morphology and lexicology
3) syntax
4) semantics
5) pragmatics and discourse analysis
6) historical linguistics
7) corpus linguistics and descriptive grammar
8) cognitive linguistics
9) sociolinguistics
10) psycholinguistics
11) neurolinguistics
12) other fields

An individual may submit a maximum of two papers, but can be the first author
of only one of them. (Papers for a workshop are excluded from this count.)
Orally presented papers may be published in JELS. Note that, to submit a paper
to JELS, the author, or one author in the case of joint research, must be a
member of the English Linguistic Society of Japan.

Please see below for the Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts and Workshop
Proposals for the ELSJ International Spring Forum:

http://elsj.jp/about-the-elsj-spring-forum/elsj-spring-forum-calls-guidelines-
visa-information/#guidelines

Important dates for the 13th ELSJ International Spring Forum:
Abstract/Proposal Submission Deadline: 11:59 a.m. JST on December 12, 2019

ELSJ Best Paper Award for the 13th ELSJ International Spring Forum:

Members who wish to apply for this award must be ELSJ members as of March 31
of the year previous to the academic year when the Forum is held. In the case
of joint research, at least one presenter must be an ELSJ member as of the
aforementioned date. Please see our website in the following page for more
details: