30.516, Calls: General Linguistics, Historical Linguistics, Language Documentation, Translation, Anthropological Linguistics / Tlalocan (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 1 16:43:02 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-516. Fri Feb 01 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.516, Calls: General Linguistics, Historical Linguistics, Language Documentation, Translation, Anthropological Linguistics / Tlalocan (Jrnl)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 11:42:22
From: Carolyn O'Meara [ckomeara at unam.mx]

Full Title: Tlalocan

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Documentation; Translation

Call Deadline: 18-May-2019

TLALOCAN XXV Call for Papers

The journal Tlalocan, Revista de fuentes para el conocimiento de las culturas
indígenas de México (Karen Dakin, Director), which is published by the
National Autonomous University of Mexico, is pleased to announce its call for
papers for volume XXV. The journal, founded in 1943, is dedicated to the
publication of oral and ethnohistorical texts in indigenous languages of the
linguistic families found in Mexico. We are now accepting manuscripts for
consideration to be published in the upcoming issue. In addition to oral and
written texts, we also accept book reviews and notes.

We accept manuscripts with introductions and commentaries in Spanish or
English. Manuscripts should be formatted using our style guide which can be
found on our website
https://revistas-filologicas.unam.mx/tlalocan/index.php/tl/about/submissions#o
nlineSubmissions, as well as at the end of each issue under the heading
''Normas Editoriales''. We do not have a maximum or minimum number of pages
for manuscripts. There is no restriction as to subject matter, and texts from
a variety of genres including myths, legends, rituals, and personal narratives
are welcome. Please consult the website for examples of the type of material
(and format) we publish (http://www.iifilologicas.unam.mx/tlalocan/). In
addition to the printed format, we also make published manuscripts available
open access on our website in pdf format, and we can provide a space for audio
or video recordings that accompany the oral text.

For manuscripts to be considered in Volume XXV, the deadline is: May 18, 2019.

Manuscripts and inquiries should be sent via e-mail to tlalocan at unam.mx (word
and pdf files). In case it is necessary, you can also contact the editors via
their personal email addresses: Hiroto Uchihara (hirotouchihara81 at gmail.com)
and Carolyn O'Meara (ckomeara at unam.mx).

Our best,
Hiroto Uchihara and Carolyn O'Meara