30.542, Calls: Discipline of Linguistics/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 1 21:56:57 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-542. Fri Feb 01 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.542, Calls: Discipline of Linguistics/Germany

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 16:56:28
From: Julio Gimenez [j.gimenez1 at westminster.ac.uk]
Subject: Something Old, Something New: Mediation in the Context of ESAP

Full Title: Something Old, Something New: Mediation in the Context of ESAP
Short Title: ESAP

Date: 11-May-2019 - 11-May-2019
Location: Bochum, Germany
Contact Person: Melissa Mariano
Meeting Email: zfa-esap2019 at rub.de
Web Site: http://www.zfa.rub.de/sprachen/englisch/esap_conference.html.en

Linguistic Field(s): Discipline of Linguistics

Call Deadline: 10-Mar-2019

Meeting Description:

As our title suggests the concept of mediation maybe familiar to us yet to
some extent obscure and often unrecognized in our teaching. For this reason,
many practitioners are hesitant to claim they make use of mediation. We
therefore encourage you to review your practice and consider the conference
strands in the broadest possible way. This conference aims to be a
stepping-stone into the topic of mediation and the opportunities it provides,
and would benefit from you sharing your insights, experiences and your work in
progress.

Please visit our website for more information and to remain up to date on
conference proceedings:
http://www.zfa.rub.de/sprachen/englisch/esap_conference.html.en

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Call for Papers:

We have extended the submission deadline for the ESAP conference “Something
old, something new: mediation in the context of ESAP” being held at the Ruhr
Universität Bochum in Germany on 11 May 2019. The new deadline for proposals
is Sunday 10 March 2019. Please refer to the attached Call for Papers for
details.

Presentations: Total time 40 minutes (including 25 minute presentation & 15
minute discussion).
We welcome proposals for the following conference strands:

Strand 1
The role of language mediation in higher education (ESAP, CLIL, EMI...).

Strand 2
Authenticity at the expense of reliability: How to incorporate mediation
(tasks) into language assessment.

Strand 3
Power to the people! Enhancing learner autonomy using mediation.

Strand 4
Has mediation filled a void? Showcasing ESAP lesson concepts and teaching
materials.

Please submit your abstract to:

zfa-esap2019 at rub.de and include the following:

- Title (max. 10 words)
- Name(s) of speakers
- Length: max. 200 words
- The conference strand you are submitting for
- Submission deadline: 10 March 2019

For the full CfP visit:
http://www.zfa.rub.de/mam/esap2019_cfp_new.pdf

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site: