30.569, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Forensic Linguistics/Switzerland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 5 04:59:47 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-569. Mon Feb 04 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.569, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Forensic Linguistics/Switzerland

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 23:58:46
From: Matti Wiegmann [matti.wiegmann at uni-weimar.de]
Subject: PAN Digital Text Forensics

Full Title: PAN Digital Text Forensics
Short Title: PAN

Date: 09-Sep-2019 - 12-Sep-2019
Location: Lugano, Switzerland
Contact Person: Martin Potthast
Meeting Email: pan at webis.de
Web Site: http://pan.webis.de

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Forensic Linguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Apr-2019

Meeting Description:

PAN is a series of scientific events and shared tasks on digital text
forensics and stylometry.This is the 19th evaluation lab on digital text
forensics. PAN will be held as part of the CLEF conference in Lugano,
Switzerland, on September 09-12, 2019. Evaluations will commence from January
till June.

Call for Papers:

PAN 2019: Call for Participation

We invite you to take part in the following shared tasks:

1. Bots and Gender Profiling
Given a Twitter feed, determine whether its author is a bot or a human. In
case of human, identify her/his gender.

2. Celebrity Profiling
Given the English Social Media feed of a celebrity, determine their fame,
occupation, age, and gender.

3. Cross-Domain Authorship Attribution
Given a fanfiction text, determine its author among a list of candidates.

4. Style Change Detection
Given a document, decide whether it is single- or multi-authored. If it is
multi-authored, determine the number of involved authors.

Learn more at http://pan.webis.de/clef19/pan19-web/index.html

PAN is held in conjunction with the CLEF'19 conference in Lugano, Switzerland.

Important Dates:

Now Open          Registration
Mar  15, 2019     Early bird software submission
Apr  15, 2019     Final software submission
May  11, 2019     TIRA evaluation
May  24, 2019     Notebook submission
June 28, 2019     Camera-ready participant papers submission
Sep 09-12, 2019   Conference

Special Announcements:

PAN Open Source Proceedings

PAN hosts a growing collection of software developed by previous participants
at GitHub: https://github.com/pan-webis-de
We invite you to publish your software here, too.

Software Submissions.

After a great success with more than 400 submitted software from previous
years, we are happy to announce that we will continue our initiative to invite
software submissions using TIRA.

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: