30.583, FYI: Featured Undergraduate Linguists

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Feb 5 20:25:05 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-583. Tue Feb 05 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.583, FYI:  Featured Undergraduate Linguists

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 15:24:59
From: Sarah Robinson [srobinson at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Featured Undergraduate Linguists

Dear Readers,

We are excited to announce that the upcoming 2019 Fund Drive will feature not
only remarkable linguists, but also undergraduate students who have gone above
and beyond the classroom to participate in the wider field of linguistics.
Selected nominees will be featured on the LINGUIST List as part of the 2019
Fund Drive's ''Rising Stars'' series.

Students should exemplify a commitment to not only academic performance, but
also to the field of linguistics and principles of scientific inquiry. We are
looking for those undergraduates who are excited about participating in the
global community of linguistic researchers. Students need not already be
published, but should have already contributed in some way to the this
community.

We ask that students be nominated by a mentor or advisor. Please include a
short description of why this student is a ''Rising Star'' in linguistics, and
any relevant supplemental links to their work. All nominations should be
received through the link below by Friday, March 8.

https://tinyurl.com/y97v7hn3

We look forward to reading about these future linguists!

Yours truly,

The LINGUIST List Team

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: