30.765, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 18 03:09:43 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-765. Sun Feb 17 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.765, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 22:08:51
From: Amy Gorgone [ayg2 at illinois.edu]
Subject: 11th Annual Meeting of the Illinois Language and Linguistics Society

Full Title: 11th Annual Meeting of the Illinois Language and Linguistics Society
Short Title: ILLS11

Date: 26-Apr-2019 - 28-Apr-2019
Location: Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, USA
Contact Person: Amy Gorgone
Meeting Email: ayg2 at illinois.edu
Web Site: http://ills.linguistics.illinois.edu/

Call Deadline: 16-Feb-2019

Meeting Description:

The ILLS annual conference is proud to be entirely student-organized and
operated by the Linguistics Student Organization at the University of Illinois
at Urbana-Champaign. It is a general linguistics conference open to all
subfields and primarily encourages the submission of abstracts by graduate
students. As ILLS moves into its second decade, we hope to continue our
tradition of providing scholars an opportunity to exchange ideas and present
their research.

Our theme this year is ''Language, Learning, and Technology: Linguistics in
the 21st Century''. Although we welcome submissions from every field of
linguistics, we especially encourage those related to our two sub-themes of
language acquisition and language technology to apply. Our invited speakers
reflect the diversity of fields working towards a better understanding of how
language is acquired and how better to use technology for language research
and translation.

Plenary Speakers:

Jennifer Cole (Northwestern University)
Alejandro Cuza (Purdue University)
Nan Jiang (University of Maryland)
Lane Schwartz (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
Annie Tremblay (Kansas University)
Kara Warburton (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)

2nd Call for Papers:

The deadline for abstract submissions have been extended to Friday, February
16, 2019.

We are pleased to announce that submissions are now open for the 11th Annual
Meeting of the Illinois Language and Linguistics Society (ILLS11), which will
be held from April 26-28, 2019 at the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign. ILLS is an annual graduate student-run conference aimed
primarily at providing graduate and advanced undergraduate students a friendly
venue in which to present and discuss research on any topic related to
language and linguistics.

Submissions are limited to two abstracts per author: one single-author
abstract and one multi-author abstract OR two multi-author abstracts. The
student must be the first author and presenter. Abstracts should be maximum
500 words, with one extra page allowed for images, data, and/or references.
Full references are not necessary; please use the (Author, Year) format.
Abstracts should be submitted in PDF format with no identifying information of
the presenter in the document.

To submit an abstract, please visit: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/ILLS11

Deadline for abstract submission: February 16, 2019, 11:59pm.
Authors will be notified of abstract decisions in late February, 2019.

For more details, please visit our website
(http://ills.linguistics.illinois.edu/) or contact us at
ills-conference at illinois.edu.

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: