30.892, Summer Schools: Conditionals in Paris – Logic, Linguistics and Psychology/France

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 25 16:56:52 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-892. Mon Feb 25 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.892, Summer Schools:  Conditionals in Paris – Logic, Linguistics and Psychology/France

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:56:16
From: Ghanshyam Sharma [paris.conditionals at gmail.com]

Conditionals in Paris – Logic, Linguistics and Psychology

Host Institution:

Dates: 03-Jun-2019 - 07-Jun-2019
Location: Paris, France

Focus: Philosophers and logicians have studied conditional constructions, of the form “if A then B”, for millennia, and have made many deep points about them. However, we are still far from having a full account of them and their essential relation to reasoning, to inferring B from A. More recently, linguists, psychologists, cognitive scientists, and theorists in artificial intelligence have also illuminated this study. Our Summer School will be truly interdisciplinary, and will be structured around linguistics, philosophical logic, and psychology, bringing together internationally renowned experts in these fields to introduce and advance research on conditionals. We look forward to welcoming everyone who wants to learn about and contribute to this research to Paris.
Minimum Education Level: Undergraduate

We are delighted to announce that a Summer School entitled “Conditionals in
Paris – logic, linguistics and psychology” will take place at INALCO in Paris
from 3 to 7 June, 2019. We cordially invite you to join us!

Faculty:
Dorothy Edgington
Birbeck College
University of London, UK

Igor Douven
CNRS, University of Sorbonne, Paris, France
Stefan Kaufmann
Department of Linguistics
University of Connecticut, USA

John Mackay
Department of Philosophy
University of Wisconsin, USA

David Over
Department of Psychology
University of Durham, UK

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science
                      Linguistic Theories
                      Philosophy of Language
                      Psycholinguistics
                      Semantics

Tuition Explanation: There is a registration fee of €180 for student and €200 for others. This fee
covers participation as well as all meals.

https://conditionals19.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/12

Registration: 01-Mar-2019 to 30-Apr-2019

Contact Person: Ghanshyam Sharma
                Email: paris.conditionals at gmail.com

Registration Instructions:
To register, please write to: paris.conditionals at gmail.com