30.895, TOC: Journal of Second Language Pronunciation 4 / 2 (2019)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 25 17:34:42 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-895. Mon Feb 25 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.895, TOC:  Journal of Second Language Pronunciation 4 / 2 (2019)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 12:34:36
From: Karin Plijnaar [karin.plijnaar at benjamins.nl]
Subject: Journal of Second Language Pronunciation Vol. 4, No. 2 (2019)

Publisher:	John Benjamins
			http://www.benjamins.com/

Journal Title:  Journal of Second Language Pronunciation
Volume Number:  4
Issue Number:  2
Issue Date:  2019

Main Text:

2018. iv, 119 pp.

Table of Contents

Editorial

Technology and second language pronunciation
John M. Levis
Pages 173–181

Articles

Directions for the future of technology in pronunciation research and teaching
Mary Grantham O’Brien, Tracey M. Derwing, Catia Cucchiarini, Debra M.
Hardison, Hansjörg Mixdorff, Ron I. Thomson, Helmer Strik, John M. Levis,
Murray J. Munro, Jennifer A. Foote and Greta Muller Levis
Pages 182–207

High Variability [Pronunciation] Training (HVPT): A proven technique about
which every language teacher and learner ought to know
Ron I. Thomson
Pages 208–231

Visualizing the acoustic and gestural beats of emphasis in multimodal
discourse: Theoretical and pedagogical implications
Debra M. Hardison
Pages 232–259

Plenary talk: Technology and the intelligibility-based classroom, given at the
Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching conference, August
2016, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
John M. Levis
Pages 260–278

Book reviews

Review of Yoshida, Marla Tritch (2016) Beyond repeat after me: Teaching
pronunciation to English learners
Reviewed by Marsha J. Chan
Pages 279–283

Review of Kang, Okim & April Ginther (2018) Assessment in second language
pronunciation
Reviewed by Michael Burri
Pages 284–287

Review of Kang, Okim, Ron I. Thomson & John M. Murphy, Eds. (2018) The
Routledge handbook of contemporary English pronunciation
Reviewed by Shannon McCrocklin
Pages 288–292

                     Language Acquisition
                     Phonetics