30.32, Jobs: Spanish; Phonetics; Phonology; Sociolinguistics; Syntax: Assistant Professor, University of California Los Angeles

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 4 19:53:20 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-32. Fri Jan 04 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.32, Jobs: Spanish; Phonetics; Phonology; Sociolinguistics; Syntax: Assistant Professor, University of California Los Angeles

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 14:52:40
From: Nancy Gutierrez [ngutierrez at humnet.ucla.edu]
Subject: Spanish; Phonetics; Phonology; Sociolinguistics; Syntax: Assistant Professor, University of California Los Angeles, USA

University or Organization: University of California Los Angeles
Department: Spanish and Portuguese
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: https://www.spanport.ucla.edu/
Job Title: Faculty Position in Spanish Linguistics: UCLA Department of Spanish & Portuguese
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology; Sociolinguistics; Syntax; Spanish Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

The Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of California, Los
Angeles (UCLA) seeks applications for a full-time tenure-track position as an
Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguistics. The expected start date is July 1,
2019. The successful candidate will teach a broad range of undergraduate and
graduate courses, normally four per year, in Spanish and English in the
Department of Spanish and Portuguese. Our expectation is that the successful
candidate will strengthen our graduate program in Spanish Linguistics and
support our Spanish and Linguistics major and our Spanish, Community and
Culture major.

Applicants must have Ph.D. in Spanish Linguistics or equivalent in hand,
native or near-native fluency in Spanish, evidence of excellence in teaching
and strong research potential. For specific description of what the department
seeks, please visit the application link provided below.

All applications must contain:
- A cover letter,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Statement of research,
- Statement of teaching philosophy,
- A Statement of Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion that
describes the candidate’s past, present and planned contributions to equity,
diversity, and inclusion;
- Two writing samples, and
- Three letters of recommendation. All letters will be treated as confidential
per University of California policy and California state law.

Those under serious consideration may be asked to provide additional writing
samples and letters if selected for further review.

Applications should be submitted using the UCLA academic job application site
at the application link provided below.

Review of applications will begin 12/12/2018. Applications submitted by
01/23/2018 will receive full consideration. For further information please
consult the Search Committee Chair, Professor Antonio C. Quicoli,
(acquicoli at yahoo.com).

The University of California is committed to addressing the family needs of
faculty, including dual career couples and single parents. We are interested
in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher
education through their teaching, research, and service. We particularly
welcome applications from scholars who have contributed to equity and
diversity efforts in teaching and service, whose research addresses issues
concerning diversity, or who have experience in mentoring women and
underrepresented groups.

The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For
the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action
policy, see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.

Application Deadline: 23-Jan-2019

Web Address for Applications: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF04188
Contact Information:
	Academic Personnel Officer Nancy Gutierrez
	Email: ngutierrez at humnet.ucla.edu
	Phone: 310-825-0518

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: