30.103, Calls: English; Applied Linguistics/Spain

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 9 04:56:58 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-103. Tue Jan 08 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.103, Calls: English; Applied Linguistics/Spain

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 23:56:32
From: Catherine Richards [crichards.golini at gmail.com]
Subject: 4th English for Healthcare Conference

Full Title: 4th English for Healthcare Conference

Date: 03-Oct-2019 - 04-Oct-2019
Location: Universitat Jaume I, Castello de la Plana, Spain, Spain
Contact Person: Catherine Richards
Meeting Email: admin at ealthy.com
Web Site: http://www.ealthy.com

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 31-Jan-2019

Meeting Description:

This unique conference is dedicated to the teaching and learning of English
for healthcare. It aims to encourage an exchange of ideas to stimulate
discussion and to provide a platform for the presentation of new ideas,
approaches and material to the understanding of, and teaching of, language and
communication in healthcare.

We welcome proposals that relate to classroom practice and proposals that are
research based and develop our understanding of how language is used in
medicine and healthcare.

The conference attracts language teachers and communication skills trainers
working with health professionals (e.g. nurses, doctors, dentists,
radiographers, physiotherapists) both in training and in the workplace, and
practitioners from the medical translation and interpreting field.

2nd Call for Papers:

This is the 2nd Call for Papers for the 4th English for Healthcare Conference
which takes place on *3 & 4 of October, 2019* at the University Jaume I in
Castelló de la Plana, Spain. This unique conference is dedicated to the
teaching and learning of English for healthcare. It aims to encourage an
exchange of ideas to stimulate discussion and to provide a platform for the
presentation of new ideas, approaches and materials in the understanding of,
and teaching of, language and communication in healthcare and medicine.

We welcome a broad range of proposals that relate to classroom practice, and
research based sessions that develop our understanding of how language is used
in medicine and healthcare. Sessions include presentations, workshops,
dialogues and posters - see Call for Papers for details.

The conference attracts language teachers and communication skills trainers
working with health professionals (e.g. nurses, doctors, dentists,
radiographers, physiotherapists) both in training and in the workplace, and
practitioners from the medical translation and interpreting field.

Plenary speakers:
Elena Semino and Jim Parle.

Special guest speaker:
John Skelton, University of Birmingham Medical School.

Deadline for proposals 31 January 2019

Please email your abstract to: catherine at ealthy.com

More details and the Call for Papers can be found on the conference website at
http://www.englishforhealthcare.com

Contact:
Catherine Richards at admin at ealthy.com.

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site: