30.128, Calls: Discipline of Linguistics, General Linguistics/Czech Republic

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 9 20:36:40 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-128. Wed Jan 09 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.128, Calls: Discipline of Linguistics, General Linguistics/Czech Republic

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 15:35:48
From: Tomáš Doischer [tomas.p.doischer at gmail.com]
Subject: Linguistics Prague 2019

Full Title: Linguistics Prague 2019
Short Title: LP19

Date: 25-Apr-2019 - 27-Apr-2019
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact Person: Martina Rybová
Meeting Email: linguistics.prague at ff.cuni.cz
Web Site: http://linguisticsprague.ff.cuni.cz/

Linguistic Field(s): Discipline of Linguistics; General Linguistics

Call Deadline: 31-Jan-2019

Meeting Description:

We invite graduate students and postdoctoral researchers to the third
international edition of the conference Linguistics Prague (formerly
Lingvistika Praha).

Linguistics Prague is a conference aimed at early career researchers in
linguistics and related fields. Successfully running since 2013, the
conference will be opened to international audience for the third time in 2019
with English as the language of the conference. The focus/leitmotif of the
conference is empirical research of language and its methodology. We encourage
presentations of original data oriented research concerned with different
aspects of language structure and use, as well as discussions of
methodological groundings of the 'empirical turn' in linguistics.

The conference takes place at the Faculty of Arts of Charles University in the
very center of Prague, Thursday 25 April to Saturday 27 April 2019.

The event will consist of 2 plenary talks, a tutorial workshop, a thematic
session on multiverb constructions, and a general session for oral
presentations and posters.

2nd Call for Papers:

We are extending the submission deadline till 31 January 2019!

For our general session, we welcome oral and poster form presentations of
empirical research in various disciplines of linguistics, including (but not
limited to) syntax, morphology, semantics, language change, psycholinguistics,
sociolinguistics and pragmatics.

Apart from the general session, the conference hosts a special thematic
session dedicated to multiverb constructions in a cross-linguistic
perspective. Grammars of most languages of the world employ various strategies
to combine multiple verbs into a single clause. This can be instantiated in
what has been labeled auxiliary verb constructions, light verb constructions,
serial verb constructions and otherwise. The purpose of this session is to
discuss the possibility of establishing a cross-linguistic comparative concept
which would cover multiverb constructions in general, covering all the types
that have appeared in descriptions of different languages. Thus we invite
researchers to present contributions which either shed light on particular
multiverb constructions in individual languages or attempt a cross-linguistic
comparison of a multiverb phenomenon.

Plenary Speakers:

- Eitan Grossman (Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Christa König (Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main)

Presentation time for papers will be 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes of
discussion.

Abstract Submission Guidelines:

The text of the anonymous abstract should not exceed 350 words (without
references). Please use 12 point Times New Roman (Unicode) font, single-spaced
and set margins to 2.5 cm all around. Abstracts should be submitted by 13
January 2019 in pdf format using the EasyAbs system at:
http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/lp19

You can send your submission either for the general session of the conference,
or for the special thematic session dedicated to multiverb constructions in a
cross-linguistic perspective.

For more information see our web page: http://linguisticsprague.ff.cuni.cz

Important Dates:

20 November 2018: Abstract submission start
31 January 2019: Abstract submission deadline
28 February 2019: Notification of acceptance
25 April - 27 April 2019: Conference

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: