30.211, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 15 04:58:22 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-211. Mon Jan 14 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.211, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 23:57:50
From: Darby Grachek [grachekd at msu.edu]
Subject: 9th Great Lakes Expo for Experimental and Formal Undergraduate Linguistics

Full Title: 9th Great Lakes Expo for Experimental and Formal Undergraduate Linguistics
Short Title: GLEEFUL

Date: 13-Apr-2019 - 14-Apr-2019
Location: East Lansing, MI, USA
Contact Person: Darby Grachek
Meeting Email: grachekd at msu.edu
Web Site: http://sites.google.com/view/gleeful2019

Call Deadline: 25-Feb-2019

Meeting Description:

The q Undergraduate Association for Linguistics at Michigan State (qUALMS) is
pleased to announce the ninth Annual Great Lakes Expo for Experimental and
Formal Undergraduate Linguistics (GLEEFUL). GLEEFUL aims to bring together
undergraduate linguistics to present high quality, original research to their
peers in order to gain experience and a greater appreciation for the many ways
to study linguistics and language-related fields.

Additionally, qUALMS is pleased to announce our continuation of our workshop
series for GLEEFUL. These workshops are aimed at undergraduates looking to
improve their skill set by exposing them to current techniques and ways to
approach linguistic problems.

Keynote Speaker:

Jeff Lidz
University of Maryland

Workshops:

Corpus building and Variability
Christina Tortora
Graduate Center, CUNY

The phonetics of phonological variation
Silvina Bongiovanni
Michigan State University

Call for Papers:

We invite 1-page anonymous abstracts (500 words) for 10-15 minute
presentations or posters from any area of linguistics. Abstract submission
will be done electronically through EasyChair at:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gleeful9

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: