30.483, Calls: General Linguistics/Germany

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 30 10:59:10 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-483. Wed Jan 30 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.483, Calls: General Linguistics/Germany

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 05:58:20
From: Annika Schiefner [stuts65 at stuts.de]
Subject: 65. StuTS

Full Title: 65. StuTS
Short Title: StuTS

Date: 23-May-2019 - 25-May-2019
Location: Cologne, Germany
Contact Person: Annika Schiefner
Meeting Email: stuts65 at stuts.de
Web Site: http://65.stuts.de

Call Deadline: 22-Apr-2019

Meeting Description:

The StuTS (short for German Studentische Tagung Sprachwissenschaften) is a
bi-annual student conference for approximately 150 young linguists, organised
regularly since 1978 by independent student teams from different universities.
Students from linguistics and related disciplines are invited to present their
research in talks or teach useful skills in short workshops.

Call for Papers:

We are inviting students of linguistics and related disciplines from BA to PhD
level to present their work at the 65th StuTS, which takes place from Mai 23
to 25, 2019 in Cologne. Feel free to present work from class projects, your
bachelor’s or master’s thesis, or a project you are working on. We are also
inviting language or technology related workshops from students who want to
share their insights. The topics should somehow fit into the general topic of
linguistics and language research and we would appreciate a wide variety of
topics.

Presentations will last for 20 minutes and there will be 10 minutes for
questions. Longer slots are available for longer talks or workshops upon
request. Your presentation can be in German, English, or any other language,
as long as you have a sufficient knowledge of that language to present at a
scientific conference. Please keep in mind that even linguists don’t speak
every single language that has ever existed.

Your abstract should be in the language of your talk and should be no longer
than 250 words*. If you are not presenting in English, German, Dutch, Spanish,
or French, please provide a translation of your abstract to one of those
languages for us to evaluate your proposal. The translation will not be
published in the conference booklet. The portal for handing in abstracts will
shortly be available on this website.

* If you want to present in a sign language, please hand in your abstract in
the written majority language of the country and select the sign language as
language of the talk. If the written language is in the list above, you do not
need to send us a translation. You may, however, choose to hand in your signed
abstract as a video by email. We will make it available on our website and add
the link to the conference booklet, next to the written text.

For more information visit the full call for papers:
https://65.stuts.de/en/cfp/

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: