30.488, Jobs: Russian; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, Middlebury College

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 30 19:03:21 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-488. Wed Jan 30 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.488, Jobs: Russian; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, Middlebury College

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 14:02:27
From: Human Resources [hr at middlebury.edu]
Subject: Russian; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics: Visiting Professor, Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont, USA

University or Organization: Middlebury College
Department: Department of Russian
Job Location: Vermont, USA
Web Address: http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/russian
Job Title: Visiting Assistant Professor of Russian
Job Rank: Visiting Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics

Required Language(s): Russian (rus)

Visiting Assistant Professor of Russian, Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT -
The Department of Russian invites applications for an Assistant Professor of
Russian, one-year term position for the 2019-2020 academic year. Applicants
should demonstrate an ability to teach Russian language, literature, and
culture, have native or near-native fluency in Russian and English, and
experience in teaching language at the undergraduate level. The position
entails teaching Russian, primarily at the beginning and intermediate level,
with a possibility of teaching literature and culture in English as needed.

Middlebury College is a top-tier liberal arts college with a demonstrated
commitment to excellence in faculty teaching and research. An Equal
Opportunity Employer, the College is committed to hiring a diverse faculty as
we work to foster innovation in our curriculum and to provide a rich and
varied educational experience to our increasingly diverse student body.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.

To apply:
Applications must be received by March 1. Middlebury College uses Interfolio
to collect all faculty job applications electronically. Email and paper
applications will not be accepted.

At Middlebury, we strive to make our campus a respectful, engaged community
that embraces differences, with the all the complexity and individuality each
person brings.

Candidates should provide evidence of commitment to undergraduate teaching and
scholarly potential.

Please submit a letter of application through Interfolio, at the application
link provided below, including:
- A statement of teaching philosophy,
- Curriculum vitae, and
- Three current letters of recommendation, at least two of which must speak to
teaching ability.
- Please include in your letter reference to how your teaching, scholarship,
mentorship, and/or community service might support our commitment to diversity
and inclusion.

Review of applications will begin on March 1 and continue until the position
is filled.

Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check.
Information on our background check policy can be found here:
http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks.

Application Deadline: 01-Mar-2019

Web Address for Applications: http://apptrkr.com/1379994
Contact Information: