30.2634, Calls: French; Phonology/France

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 4 02:29:45 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2634. Wed Jul 03 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2634, Calls: French; Phonology/France

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 22:29:17
From: Helene N. Andreassen [helene.n.andreassen at uit.no]
Subject: Journées FLORAL-(I)PFC 2019 : French in the World

Full Title: Journées FLORAL-(I)PFC 2019 : French in the world

Date: 04-Dec-2019 - 06-Dec-2019
Location: Paris, France
Contact Person: Helene N. Andreassen
Meeting Email: helene.n.andreassen at uit.no

Linguistic Field(s): Phonology

Subject Language(s): French (fra)

Call Deadline: 16-Sep-2019

Meeting Description:

Since 2002, the international research programme PFC (Phonologie du français
contemporain/Phonology of Contemporary French, cf.
https://www.projet-pfc.net/), which gathers an international panel of
linguists working on French corpus phonology, yearly organises a conference in
Paris. The objective of this meeting is to move forward French phonology in a
welcoming and scientifically critical atmosphere. It is thus a meeting place
for researchers, both junior and senior ones, who wish to discuss their
ongoing work – whether it focuses on phenomena well-known or little known in
the scientific literature. The PFC programme, primarily devoted to phonology,
has in the last few years been extended to cover other domains of linguistics,
i.e. syntax and sociolinguistics, leading to a collaboration with the
Laboratoire Ligérien de Linguistique de l’Université d’Orléans, and the
creation of a research network on oral French: FLORAL (Français Langue Orale
et Recherches Avancées en Linguistique/Oral French and Advanced Studies in
Linguistics). PFC further focuses on interphonology and the pedagogical
aspects of pronunciation through the daughter project IPFC (Interphonologie du
français contemporain/Interphonology of Contemporary French,
http://cblle.tufs.ac.jp/ipfc/).

The conference “Journées FLORAL-(I)PFC 2019” is organised around two main
topics:

1. Francophonie and phonologies in contact
2. Interphonology and didactics of oral French

Call for Papers:

Date: Wednesday 4 – Friday 6 December 2019
Place: Maison de Norvège, Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris, 7 N,
boulevard JOURDAN, 75014 Paris

The format of the contributions will be 20 minutes for presentation and 10
minutes for discussion. Other formats can be considered all depending on the
number of abstracts received. We accept presentations in French and English.

The abstract (1 page including title and references) must be sent by email to
Helene N. Andreassen (Helene.n.andreassen at uit.no), Elissa Pustka
(elissa.pustka at univie.ac.at) and Isabelle Racine (isabelle.racine at unige.ch).

Submission deadline: Monday 16 September 2018.

Thanks for sharing this call for papers with other linguists you think might
be interested. More information about the conference will be published at the
PFC website: http://projet-pfc.net/.