30.2748, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Jul 13 05:23:38 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2748. Sat Jul 13 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2748, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 01:20:24
From: Damian Romero Diaz [damianiji at email.arizona.edu]
Subject: Arizona Linguistics Circle 13

Full Title: Arizona Linguistics Circle 13
Short Title: ALC13

Date: 25-Oct-2019 - 27-Oct-2019
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Contact Person: Damian Romero
Meeting Email: arizonalinguisticscircle13 at gmail.com
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/arizonalinguisticscircle13

Call Deadline: 27-Jul-2019

Meeting Description:

# About the ALC

The Arizona Linguistics Circle is an annual graduate student-run conference
held at the University of Arizona. The theme of this year's conference is
Research Across Linguistic Subfields, that is work that draws from different
disciplines within the field of linguistics. However, abstracts from all areas
of linguistics are welcome and encouraged. Our goal is to provide a welcoming
yet constructive environment for linguistic inquiry and the dissemination of
new and continuing linguistic research.

Each year, ALC features three invited speakers. This year's keynote speakers
will include Andrew Carnie (University of Arizona), Maria Polinsky (University
of Maryland), and Robin Clark (University of Pennsylvania).

For more information about the conference program, please visit our website
after August 22nd.

# ALC 13 Organizing Committee Members:

Kristina Mihajlovic, Committee Head
(https://linguistics.arizona.edu/user/kristina-mihajlovic)
Roya Kabiri (https://linguistics.arizona.edu/user/roya-kabiri)
Kerry McCullough (https://linguistics.arizona.edu/user/kerry-mccullough)
Maria Alexeeva (https://linguistics.arizona.edu/user/maria-alexeeva)
Jian Gang Ngui (https://linguistics.arizona.edu/user/jian-gang-ngui)
Damian Y. Romero Diaz (https://spark.adobe.com/page/DYUfxuI1UTEbn/)
Christina Laree Newhall
(https://linguistics.arizona.edu/user/christina-laree-newhall)
Serene Tseng (https://linguistics.arizona.edu/user/serene-tseng)
Remo Nitschke (https://linguistics.arizona.edu/user/remo-nitschke)

2nd Call for Papers:

Important notice: Submission deadline extension:

We have extended our original deadline to allow for further submissions! The
final deadline will be on July 27, 2019, at 11:59 MST.

- Call for abstracts

Submissions are limited to one individual and one joint abstract per author.
Abstracts should be a maximum of 500 words in length not including keywords,
references, figures, and tableaux. Abstracts should include some discussion of
data and indicate that the project is of reasonable depth. Abstracts are
invited for 20-minute talks with 10-minute question periods to follow. All
abstracts should be anonymous: abstracts which contain author-identifying
information will be rejected.

- Submissions

Abstract submission is via EasyChair (URL).
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=alc13

For questions regarding abstract submission, please contact the abstract
review manager at arizonalinguisticscircle13 [at] gmail [dot] com.

- Proceedings

There will be an option of a Conference Proceedings through the Coyote Papers
for those interested. More details will be forthcoming.

- Acceptance

Upon acceptance, you will be asked to submit a version of your abstract with
author-identifying information included. This will be shared on the conference
website.
This year, our aim is to stream our conference publicly through Zoom. In the
case that you get accepted, you will be asked to fill out a consent form where
you must let us know if you would consent for your presentation to be publicly
streamed at the time of the conference. Consent is not required and strictly
voluntary.

- Important Dates and Deadlines

Abstract submissions deadline: July 17, 2019
Extended abstract submissions deadline: July 27, 2019
Notification of acceptance: August 22, 2019
The conference is scheduled for October 25-27, 2019.

- Website and Social Media:

For the latest news about ALC13 please check out our website at:
https://sites.google.com/view/arizonalinguisticscircle13/main-page

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram:
Twitter @AzLingCircle
Instagram @ALC_UA