30.2394, Calls: Discourse Analysis, Pragmatics, Text/Corpus Linguistics/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 10 23:04:22 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2394. Mon Jun 10 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2394, Calls: Discourse Analysis, Pragmatics, Text/Corpus Linguistics/Poland

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 19:03:50
From: Marek Łaziński [m.lazinski at uw.edu.pl]
Subject: 5th Key Words Conference

Full Title: 5th Key Words Conference

Date: 25-Oct-2019 - 26-Oct-2019
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact Person: Marek Łaziński
Meeting Email: slowa.klucze.uw at gmail.com; m.lazinski at uw.edu.pl
Web Site: http://www.slowanaczasie.uw.edu.pl/en/5-key-words-conference/

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Pragmatics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 31-Aug-2019

Meeting Description:

The conference organized by the Institute of Polish Language and The Institute
of German Studies, University of Warsaw, and the Polish Language Foundation,
is devoted to key words in the public discourse and to the methods of their
choosing. This theme brings together different methodologies and different
levels of analysis of language and discourse, including:

- Statistics linguistics
- Corpus linguistics and linguistic engineering
- Media studies
- Lexicology and lexicography.

By combining different methods and experiences, we will try to describe the
key words of contemporary public discourse. It is mainly based on the
experience of the project “Words on time” (http://www.slowanaczasie.uw.edu.pl)
and the plebiscite “The word of the year”. We will look with interest at
similar projects in other countries, as “Oxford Dictionaries’ Word of the
Year” and “Wort des Jahres” in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, and others.

Call for Papers:

The Institute of Polish Language and The Institute of German Studies,
University of Warsaw, and the Polish Language Foundation, invite you to the
conference “Key words”, which will be held on October 25-26, 2019 at the
University of Warsaw.

By combining different methods and experiences, we will try to describe the
key words of contemporary public discourse. It is mainly based on the
experience of the project “Words on time” (http://www.slowanaczasie.uw.edu.pl)
and the plebiscite “The word of the year”. We will look with interest at
similar projects in other countries, as “Oxford Dictionaries’ Word of the
Year” and “Wort des Jahres” in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, and others.

Conference languages: Polish, German and English. The panel session will be
translated.

Abstracts:

We invite you to submit your abstract by August 31, 2019 using the application
form:
https://forms.gle/YYEZUT5V45vxzc2w5 or mailed to slowa.klucze.uw at gmail.com

The abstract should include:

- Title
- 300 words of description

After the anonymous reviews we will inform you about the paper acceptance by
September 20, 2019.

The conference fee: 200 PLN / 50 EUR

Important Dates:

- Application deadline: August 31, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: September 20, 2019
- Conference date: October 25-26, 2019

Organizing Committee:

Waldemar Czachur, Marta Czyżewska (Institute of German Studies, UW), Magdalena
Derwojedowa, Monika Kwiecień, Marek Łaziński - Committee Chair, Katarzyna
Osior-Szot (Institute of Polish Languge, UW), Magdalena Wanot-Miśtura (Polish
Language Foundation), Dorota Kopcińska.