30.2407, Jobs: German; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Researcher, 365Talents

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 11 16:18:18 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2407. Tue Jun 11 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2407, Jobs: German; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Researcher, 365Talents

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 12:18:03
From: Emmanuelle MASINGARBE [emmanuelle.masingarbe at 365talents.com]
Subject: German; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Researcher, 365Talents, Lyon, France

University or Organization: 365Talents
Department: Software Publisher
Job Location: Lyon, France
Web Address: https://www.365talents.com/
Job Title: German Linguist Engineer/Researcher
Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): German (deu)

As a German Linguist Engineer/Research, you are responsible for creating and
supporting the German language on our intelligent skills, internal mobility
and staffing platform powered by AI.

You will be tasked to:

Create datasets:
You create and modify datasets in German in order to gather the needed
materials to train our algorithms. You also improve the depth and breadth of
our French and English datasets.

Adapt our processing pipeline to German:
You implement German support in our Natural Language Processing (NLP)
algorithms. You contribute to various Open Source libraries such as spaCy to
improve their support of German, for instance with linguistic preprocessing,
morpho-syntactic analysis, lemmatization, named-entity detection, co-reference
detection…

Improve our algorithms:
You collaborate with our Data Engineers to deliver in production new features
related to German, by using the Python programming language. You assist with
modeling and training our deep learning algorithms developed with Tensorflow.
You pay special attention to the reusability of your work in order to build
solid foundations on which we will be able to add new languages in the near
future.

Evaluate the quality of our algorithms: In full autonomy, you perform
qualitative and quantitative analyses of the quality and performance of our
algorithms. You produce repeatable, reproducible and comparable over time
analyses in order to precisely measure the impact of your modifications.

Team & Work Organization:
You collaborate with Amandine, our French & English Linguist Researcher. You
work in an agile team composed of Data Scientists and Data Researchers. Your
team is very involved in the tech ecosystem and works on state of the art
technologies to solve interesting problems. You are also strongly connected to
our Web team and Client team to deliver in production new features and
communicate their results to our B2B clients.

Location & Work Schedule:
You work in one of our offices, located in the heart of Lyon (France) and
Paris (France). In both cases great places to work with cheerful teammates!
Your schedule is free and occasional remote work is encouraged.

Perks & Benefits: Healthcare Insurance (Alan), Meal vouchers (Lunchr card),
50% off public transit subscription, Stock-options (BSPCE).

Must have:
- Perfect understanding and writing of German: you either are a native speaker
or fully bilingual;
- Proficiency in English;
- A degree in Linguistics or Natural Language Processing (NLP) or in a related
field;
- Mastery of linguistics concepts, rule-writing capabilities, basic knowledge
of semantics principles;
- Knowledge (and love!) of programming with languages such as Python;
- Autonomy in a Linux environment;
- Being detail-oriented.

Nice to have:
- PhD in Linguistics, NLP or in a related field;
- Curiosity about Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Human Resources (HR)
universe;
- Participation in the tech ecosystem through meetups or academic conferences.

To apply, please see the application link provided below.

Web Address for Applications: https://www.welcometothejungle.co/fr/companies/365talents/jobs/german-linguist-engineer-researcher_lyon
Contact Information:
	Human Ressources Business Partner Emmanuelle MASINGARBE
	Email: emmanuelle.masingarbe at 365talents.com