30.2414, Confs: Philosophy of Language, Semantics/Sweden

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 11 22:46:15 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2414. Tue Jun 11 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2414, Confs: Philosophy of Language, Semantics/Sweden

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 18:45:10
From: Emar Maier [e.maier at rug.nl]
Subject: The Language of Fiction

The Language of Fiction

Date: 28-Jun-2019 - 30-Jun-2019
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Contact: Emar Maier
Contact Email: e.maier at rug.nl
Meeting URL: http://www.filosofi.uu.se/workshop-the-language-of-fiction/

Linguistic Field(s): Philosophy of Language; Semantics

Meeting Description:

Announcement:

The Language of Fiction
Conference in Philosophy and Linguistics
Uppsala University
28-30 June 2019
http://www.filosofi.uu.se/workshop-the-language-of-fiction/

Fiction is a topic that has long been studied by literary scholars and
philosophers of art. But recently we have seen a surge of interest in studying
fictional discourse within the intersection between linguistics and philosophy
of language. This conference brings together a number of well established key
researchers from these two disciplines to foster this exciting new
interdisciplinary approach to a number of longstanding issues concerning the
interpretation of fiction.

Confirmed Speakers:

- Márta Abrusán
- Daniel Altshuler
- Matthias Bauer
- Regine Eckardt
- Nils Franzén
- Manuel García-Carpintero
- Hans Kamp
- Emar Maier
- Merel Semeijn
- Isidora Stojanovic
- Andreas Stokke
- Nellie Wieland
- Alessandro Zucchi

Program and further details:
http://www.filosofi.uu.se/workshop-the-language-of-fiction/

Registration is mandatory but free, just send an email to one of the
organizers (andreas.stokke at filosofi.uu.se / e.maier at rug.nl)