30.1011, All: Rising Stars: Extraordinary Students of Linguistics

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 4 17:17:16 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-1011. Mon Mar 04 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.1011, All:  Rising Stars: Extraordinary Students of Linguistics

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 12:17:10
From: Sarah Robinson [srobinson at linguistlist.org]

Dear Readers,

We are excited to announce that the upcoming 2019 Fund Drive will feature not
only remarkable linguists, but also undergraduate and MA students who have
gone above and beyond the classroom to participate in the wider field of
linguistics. Selected nominees will be featured on the LINGUIST List as part
of the 2019 Fund Drive's ''Rising Stars'' series.

In previous years, we featured only undergraduates, but in order to make room
for extraordinary students with a wider range of educational paths (those who
originally completed their undergraduate degree in Linguistics, those who
attend universities that don’t have undergraduate linguistics programs, or in
countries where serious academic work is usually begun at the level of MA, for
example) we have decided to expand the nomination form to include MA students.

Students should exemplify a commitment to not only academic performance, but
also to the field of linguistics and principles of scientific inquiry. We are
looking for those undergraduates and MA who are excited about participating in
the global community of linguistic researchers. Students need not already be
published, but should have already contributed in some way to the this
community.

We ask that students be nominated by a mentor or advisor (or two mentors).
Please include a short description of why this student is a ''Rising Star'' in
linguistics, and any relevant supplemental links to their work.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EcUJ1MJA3Uh9oLvFCywGQ3abTIkESASovgXag5SLwZ8/e
dit

We look forward to reading about these future linguists!

Yours truly,

The LINGUIST List Team

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site:

               The LINGUIST List FundDrive Page: