30.1037, Calls: Computational Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 6 04:58:17 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-1037. Tue Mar 05 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.1037, Calls: Computational Linguistics/USA

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 23:57:31
From: Xiaodan Zhu [zhu2048 at gmail.com]
Subject: SemEval-2020: Call for Task Proposals

Full Title: SemEval-2020: Call for Task Proposals

Date: 01-Jun-2020 - 10-Jun-2020
Location: TBD, USA
Contact Person: SemEval-2020 Organizers SemEval-2020 Organizers
Meeting Email: semeval-organizers at googlegroups.com

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics

Call Deadline: 21-Mar-2019

Meeting Description:

SemEval-2020 (International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation) Call for Task
Proposals

Call for Papers:

SemEval-2020: International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation

Call for Task Proposals

Please kindly note that due to the space limit here, the full version of call
for proposals can be found instead at:

http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2019/index.php?id=semeval-2020-call-for-task-propos
als

For other *very important* information such as Content of Proposals, Task
Selection, New Tasks vs. Task Reruns, and Task Organization, please check the
above link for the full version.

We invite proposals for tasks to be run as part of SemEval-2020. SemEval (the
International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation) is an ongoing series of
evaluations of computational semantics systems, organized under the umbrella
of SIGLEX, the Special Interest Group on the Lexicon of the Association for
Computational Linguistics.

For SemEval-2020, we welcome any task that can test an automatic system for
semantic analysis of text, be it application-dependent or
application-independent. We especially welcome tasks for different languages,
cross-lingual tasks, tasks requiring semantic interpretation, and tasks with
both intrinsic and application-based evaluation. See the websites of previous
editions of SemEval to get an idea about the range of tasks explored, e.g.,
for SemEval-2019: http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2019/

We strongly encourage proposals based on pilot studies that have already
generated initial data and that can provide concrete examples and foresee the
challenges of preparing the full task. In the event of receiving many
proposals, preference will be given to tasks that have already run a pilot
study for the proposed task.

We especially welcome tasks that are devoted to developing novel applications
of computational semantics. We will encourage tasks that have a clearly
defined end-user application showcasing and enhancing our understanding of
computational semantics, as well as extending the current state-of-the-art.

Important dates

Task proposals due March 21, 2019
Task selection notification May 4, 2019

Preliminary dates for SemEval-2020

Trial data ready July 31, 2019
Training data ready September 4, 2019
Test data ready December 3, 2019
Evaluation start January 10, 2020
Evaluation end January 31, 2020
Paper submission due February 23, 2020
Notification to authors March 29, 2020
Camera ready due April 5, 2020
SemEval workshop Summer 2020

The SemEval-2020 Workshop will be co-located with a major NLP conference in
2020.

Submission Details

The task proposals should be a self-contained document of no longer than 3
pages, and should follow the NAACL-HLT 2019 two-column style guidelines.
References do not count against the page limit. The submissions should use the
official NAACL-HLT 2019 style templates:

LaTeX: https://naacl2019.org/downloads/naaclhlt2019-latex.zip
Microsoft Word: https://naacl2019.org/downloads/naaclhlt2019-word.zip
Overleaf:
https://www.overleaf.com/latex/templates/instructions-for-naacl-hlt-2019-proce
edings/xyyfwfkswhth

All submissions must be in PDF format.

Submission will be electronic, using the START conference management system
at: https://www.softconf.com/naacl2019/semeval2020/.

In case you are not sure whether a task is suitable for SemEval, please feel
free to get in touch with the SemEval organizers at
semeval-organizers at googlegroups.com to discuss your idea.

Chairs:

Jonathan May, ISI, University of Southern California
Ekaterina Shutova, University of Amsterdam
Aurelie Herbelot, University of Trento
Xiaodan Zhu, Queen’s University

Contact: semeval-organizers at googlegroups.com

              The IU Foundation Crowd Funding site: