30.1160, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Hong Kong

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 14 03:50:47 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-1160. Wed Mar 13 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.1160, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Hong Kong

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 23:50:32
From: Dean Gui [dean.a.f.gui at polyu.edu.hk]
Subject: Writing Roundtable 2019

Full Title: Writing Roundtable 2019
Short Title: WR2019

Date: 17-May-2019 - 17-May-2019
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Contact Person: Shari Lughmani
Meeting Email: writingroundtable at elc.polyu.edu.hk
Web Site: https://elc.polyu.edu.hk/conference/WR/index.php/WR/WR2019/index

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 25-Mar-2019

Meeting Description:

The Writing Roundtable is an annual conference hosted by the ELC since 2013,
bringing together academics, scholars and creative writers to discuss how
academic and creative literacy could be supported across various academic
disciplines and through different genres. This year's theme is
''storytelling'', and in addition to the main event taking place on the 17th
of May, we are introducing for the first time three pre-conference,
theme-related events, starting with a Reader's Theatre (for the creative
writers), a Lesson Plan workshop (for the academics), and culminating with a
Panel to discuss ways to develop scholarly work from creative writing and
lesson plans. In addition, all extended abstracts from the pre-events and main
conference will be published in a Proceedings; and full papers of invited
authors will be published in a proposed volume under consideration by
Routledge Publishing.

Call for Papers:

Please use the following website and email addresses, since the embedded
hyperlinks in this message are not active:
Website: https://elc.polyu.edu.hk/conference/WR/index.php/WR/WR2019/index
Pre-Events:
https://elc.polyu.edu.hk/conference/WR/index.php/WR/WR2019/schedConf/prewreven
Email: writingroundtable at elc.polyu.edu.hk

Call for Proposals and Extended Deadlines:

The Writing Roundtable 2019 website is now launched. Our theme for 2019 is
‘Storytelling in Creative and Academic Writing’. Call for Proposals and
registration is open for the Writing Roundtable 2019 Main Event and Pre WR
Events.

And…

- Pre WR Events are free of charge for those who have connected or will
connect with us via one of our social media pages.
- Refreshments will be served at the Pre-WR Events.
- Registration is required as space is limited. Attendance registration is
open now.
- Proposal submission: Proposals should be submitted to
writingroundtable at elc.polyu.edu.hk

Important Dates for proposal submissions and attendance registration for
Pre-WR events and the main event are given next to the events:

Pre-WR Events

1. Readers Theatre:
Date: 15 March 2019
Venue: A 308, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Extended Proposal Submission Deadline: 10 March 2019
Submit proposals  for pre-WR events via email here.
Attendance registration is open now.

2. New Media Narratives in Teaching & Learning Workshop:
Date: Friday 12 April 2019
Venue: A308, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Extended Proposal Submission Deadline: 7 April 2019
Submit proposals  for pre-WR events via email here.
Attendance registration is open now.

3. Publication Panel:
Date:  Wednesday 15 May 2019
Venue: A308, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
No proposal expected.
Attendance registration is open now.
Main Event

4. Writing Roundtable 2019:
Date: 17 May 2019
Venue: CD, 3rd Floor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon,
Hong Kong
Proposal Submission Deadline: Monday 25 March 2019

We look forward to welcoming you at our Pre WR Events and the Main Event.

Writing Roundtable Organising Committee 2019