30.1267, Calls: Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Pragmatics, Semantics, Socioling/Latvia

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 20 04:00:07 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-1267. Tue Mar 19 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.1267, Calls: Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Pragmatics, Semantics, Socioling/Latvia

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 23:53:53
From: Gregoire Winterstein [winterstein.gregoire at uqam.ca]
Subject: Integrating Approaches to Social Meaning 2

Full Title: Integrating Approaches to Social Meaning 2
Short Title: IASM2

Date: 12-Aug-2019 - 16-Aug-2019
Location: Riga, Latvia
Contact Person: Gregoire Winterstein
Meeting Email: iasm.workshop at gmail.com
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/iasm/

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Pragmatics; Semantics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 25-Mar-2019

Meeting Description:

The workshop aims at bringing together researchers from different horizons to
open new directions of research in the domain of social meaning. In
particular, we hope to encourage contact between researchers working on social
meaning from formal linguistic, sociolinguistic, computational, and
philosophical perspectives.

The workshop is part of the 31st European Summer School in Logic, Language,
and Information (ESSLLI 2019), organized in Riga:

http://esslli2019.folli.info/

Final Call for Papers:

Deadline Extension!! (March 25)

Due to popular demand, we have extended the deadline for submissions to the
2nd Workshop on Integrating Approaches to Social Meaning (IASM2) that will
take place during the next ESSLLI.

We invite submissions of abstracts on the following (and related) topics :

- honorifics
- insults, slurs and pejoratives
- discourse particles
- code switching
- lexical choice
- directness speech acts
- politeness
- identity construction
- variation
- gender marking in discourse
- argumentation
- social meaning in computational models
- neurological profile of social meaning expressions

More information can be found on the workshop's homepage:
https://sites.google.com/view/iasm/`

Abstracts should be 2 pages in length including references and figures and
should be submitted in PDF format by March 15, 2019 via EasyChair at:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iasm2

Important Dates:

Deadline for abstract submissions: March 25, 2019
Notification of acceptance: May 1, 2019
Workshop: August 12-16, 2019

Venue:

University of Latvia (Riga, Latvia)