30.1297, Calls: Text/Corpus Linguistics/Korea, South

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 21 07:27:05 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-1297. Thu Mar 21 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.1297, Calls: Text/Corpus Linguistics/Korea, South

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 03:26:03
From: CK Jung [ckjung at yonsei.ac.kr]
Subject: Asia Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference 2020

Full Title: Asia Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference 2020
Short Title: APCLC 2020

Date: 11-Feb-2020 - 14-Feb-2020
Location: Seoul, Korea, South
Contact Person: CK Jung
Meeting Email: apclc2020seoul at gmail.com
Web Site: http://apclc2020seoul.kr

Linguistic Field(s): Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 31-Jul-2019

Meeting Description:

The biennial Asia-Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference is now entering the
fifth round with Seoul 2020, following upon the successes of Auckland 2012,
Hong Kong 2014, Beijing 2016, and Takamatsu 2018. APCLC 2020 will be a
gathering of academics and practitioners in corpus linguistics from the Asia
Pacific area, where we talk about developments in the use of corpora in
discourse analysis, lexical & grammatical studies, language acquisition,
learning & education, lexicography, pragmatics & sociolinguistics, (machine)
translation studies, and (digital) literary studies. We hope APCLC 2020 to be
a forum for exchange in ideas and expertise, where we lay the foundations for
future developments in the application of corpus resources in Asia and the
Pacific. To this effect, we will highlight three specific areas for future
development: new methods in textual data analyses; possible collaboration
between academia and industry; and natural corpora in Asia. Please join us in
Seoul, APCLC 2020.

Call for Papers:

Asia Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference 2020
Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea
February 11-14, 2020
www.apclc2020seoul.kr

1. Important Dates
- March 18, 2019: Call for papers
- July 31, 2019: Deadline for abstracts
- September 13, 2019: Notification of acceptance
- September 16, 2019: Early-bird registration opens
- January 10, 2020: Early-bird registration closes
- February 10, 2020: Pre-conference workshops
- February 11-14, 2020: Main conference (February 14, 2020: National Corpus
Day)
- February 15, 2020: Excursion

2. List of Topics
- Corpora & Discourse Analysis
- Corpora & Lexical Studies
- Corpora & Grammatical Studies
- Corpora & Language Acquisition, Learning & Education
- Corpora & Lexicography
- Corpora & Pragmatics
- Corpora & Sociolinguistics
- Corpora & (Machine) Translation Studies
- Corpora & (Digital) Literary Studies.

3. Plenary Speakers
- Sylviane Granger (Université Catholique de Louvain – UCLouvain, Belgium)
- David Hoover (New York University, USA)
- Mark Davies (Brigham Young University, USA)
- Vaclav Brezina (Lancaster University, UK)
- Hong Won Suh (Yonsei University, Korea)

4. Keynote Speakers
- Michael Barlow (University of Auckland, New Zealand)
- Mark Brenchley (Cambridge Assessment, UK)
- Winnie Cheng (Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong)
- Jae-Woong Choe (Korea University, Korea)
- Jong-Bok Kim (Kyung Hee University, Korea)
- Heokseung Kwon (Seoul National University, Korea)
- Seok-Chae Rhee (Yonsei University, Korea)
- Ute Römer (Georgia State University, USA)
- Naixing Wei (Beihang University, China)

5. Venue
The conference will be held at Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
(http://apclc2020seoul.kr/?page_id=51)

6. Contact
All questions about submissions should be emailed to apclc2020seoul at gmail.com

7. Hosted by
- Asia Pacific Corpus Linguistics Association (APCLA)
- Korean Association for Corpus Linguistics (KACL)

8. Organized by
- BK21Plus Project, Department of English Language and Literature, Yonsei
University
- Institute of Language and Information Studies (ILIS), Yonsei University

For submission information visit: http://apclc2020seoul.kr/?page_id=15