30.1310, Qs: Survey Distribution ‘Emotions, Language, Culture'

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 24 04:10:01 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-1310. Sun Mar 24 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.1310, Qs: Survey Distribution ‘Emotions, Language, Culture'

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 00:09:53
From: Elisa Pérez-García [elisapg at usal.es]

Dear LINGUIST Listers,

My name is Elisa Pérez García, a Spanish PhD student at the English
Department, University of Salamanca, Spain.
I am writing to ask you for help to distribute the online survey ‘Emotions,
language, and culture’, aimed at getting a better view on the way English L1
speakers interpret and express emotions in L1 English. This is part of my
ongoing research project, where I will compare these data with those from
Spanish L1 participants and Spanish-English bilinguals.
I think that Linguist List could be an interesting place to post my survey and
collect English native speakers: males or females in their 20s-30s-40s living
in an English-speaking country.
The questionnaire has two parts: (1) Background information and (2) a writing
task: The participants will be asked to watch a short video and describe in
English the emotions felt by the characters.
This is an anonymous and voluntary survey. It should not take longer than
10-15 minutes.
The link is the following:

https://usalinvestigacion.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6u3CdSUqqsvR0mF

I will be happy to share my future results with anyone interested.
The deadline for completing this survey would be 1st May, 2019.
Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
Elisa

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition

Subject Language(s): English (eng)