30.1320, Calls: Psycholinguistics/Belgium

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 24 09:46:08 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-1320. Sun Mar 24 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.1320, Calls: Psycholinguistics/Belgium

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 05:45:34
From: Edwige Sijyeniyo [Edwige.Sijyeniyo at uantwerpen.be]
Subject: Psycholinguistics in Flanders (2019)

Full Title: Psycholinguistics in Flanders (2019)
Short Title: PiF

Date: 23-May-2019 - 24-May-2019
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Contact Person: Sarah Bernolet
Meeting Email: pif2019 at uantwerp.be
Web Site: http://www.uantwerpen.be/en/conferences/psycholinguistics-in-flanders/

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 21-Mar-2019

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the next Psycholinguistics in Flanders (PiF)
conference held in Antwerp, Belgium, on May 23 and 24 2019. Psycholinguistics
in Flanders (PiF) workshop has established itself as the yearly venue for
young psycholinguists (PhD students and postdocs). We welcome contributions
related to all aspects of language processing and language acquisition,
including, but not limited to, reading, text comprehension, word processing,
learning, speech production, speech perception, etc.

Final Call for Papers:

Extension Deadline 21 March 12:00 PM (BELGIUM TIMEZONE).

We are pleased to announce the next Psycholinguistics in Flanders (PiF)
conference held in Antwerp, Belgium, on May 23 and 24, 2019.

Psycholinguistics in Flanders (PiF) workshop has established itself as the
yearly venue for young psycholinguists (PhD students and postdocs). More
information will soon be available at
https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/conferences/psycholinguistics-in-flanders/

We have extended the deadline for submission. You can submit your title and
abstract via email to pif2019 at uantwerp.be before March 21 at noon. We welcome
contributions related to all aspects of language processing and language
acquisition, including, but not limited to, reading, text comprehension, word
processing, learning, speech production, speech perception, etc. The maximum
length of the abstract is 400 words, including references.

Please let us know whether you prefer an oral or a poster presentation when
you send us your abstract. For further information about the presentations:
https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/conferences/psycholinguistics-in-flanders/call-fo
r-abstracts/information-for-pres/

Invited speakers are Alice Foucart from University Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona)
and Kim Van Dun from Hasselt University.

We offer a free pre-conference workshop on public speaking on May 23, but
places are limited, so make sure you register early enough if you want to
participate.

Other important dates to keep in mind:
- 10 April: notification of acceptance and registration will be open
- 30 April: deadline for registration

We are looking forward to receiving your contribution and to welcoming you in
Antwerp in May!

Hanne Surkyn, Edwige Sijyeniyo, Dominiek Sandra, Sarah Bernolet and the
Organizing Committee of PiF 2019

University of Antwerp
Computational linguistics and Psycholinguistics
Stadscampus L
Lange Winkelstraat 40-42
2000 Antwerp