30.1390, Confs: Computational Linguistics, Text/Corpus Linguistics, Translation/United Kingdom

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 29 03:46:43 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-1390. Thu Mar 28 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.1390, Confs: Computational Linguistics, Text/Corpus Linguistics, Translation/United Kingdom

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 23:45:23
From: Angelika Peljak [angelika.peljak at gmail.com]
Subject: Computer-Assisted Literary Translation Workshop

Computer-Assisted Literary Translation Workshop
Short Title: CALT workshop

Date: 29-May-2019 - 30-May-2019
Location: Swansea, United Kingdom
Contact: Angelika Peljak
Contact Email: calt.swansea at gmail.com
Meeting URL: https://tinyurl.com/CALTswansea

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation

Meeting Description:

Swansea Translation and Interpreting Group is delighted to announce a two-day
workshop at Swansea University on Computer-Assisted Literary Translation
(CALT).

The workshop comprises presentations and discussions, as well as hands-on
training with experts in using diverse systems and tools, especially those
which are free to use.

Out keynote speaker is Andy Way, Professor in Computing at Dublin City
University, editor of Machine Translation journal, co-author of recent studies
on Neural Machine Translation performance with literary texts.

We are now accepting applications on a rolling basis. To register, please fill
out the form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJu-JtcmSKDVcgdgHA90G6NYh5ejt_hB5xk7
ueIvQWR4YIvw/viewform?usp=sf_link

In order to better accommodate our training sessions for the participants’
needs we require a (minimum) 200-word statement of your relevant experience,
your motivation to attend and your expectations.
This event is free. Academics, research students and practising translators
are all welcome.

CALT workshop is part of IMLR’s OWRI project ‘Cross-Language Dynamics:
Reshaping Community’, with additional support from Swansea’s Language Research
Centre.