30.1880, Fund Drive Closing Letter

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri May 3 23:49:36 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-1880. Fri May 03 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.1880, Fund Drive Closing Letter

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 03 May 2019 19:49:19
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fund Drive Closing Letter

Dear LINGUIST,

the Fund Drive is over! We would like to thank all those who have supported
the LINGUIST List team - either financially or morally. The full list of our
donors this year can be found here:
https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/supporters/

We have also made the advisors challenge - in the last 24 hours of the Fund
Drive our readers donated over $1000 and - as promised - the members of our
advisory board will match this amount with additional donation on top of the
donations throughout the duration of the Fund Drive. Thank you!

While the numbers are still being updated, it looks like we have a winner in
the university challenge - and this year it is Stanford University.
Congratulations! Stanford can be also proud of the second biggest number of
donors from a single institution - thirteen. The institution with the highest
number of donors - fourteen - is this year University of Southern Carolina,
which also takes the overall 3rd place in the university challenge. The second
place in the university challenge goes to Wayne State!

The Fund Drive is over but we still need your support. We have reached just
below 60% of our Fund Drive goal this year. For the next couple of days, you
will still be able to make a donation via our 2019 campaign
https://iufoundation.fundly.com/the-linguist-list-2019 . Later, you can use
Indiana University Foundation - please choose 'Linguist List Discretionary
Fund' from the selection of accounts (https://www.myiu.org/give-now).

Here are the results of the challenges:

University Challenge:
Stanford University
Wayne State University
University of South Carolina

Subfield Challenge:

Syntax (this is a tradition)
Semantics
Phonology

Country Challenge Top 10:
United States
Germany
Canada
United Kingdom
Spain
Belgium
Netherlands
Italy
Australia
Sweden

Again, thank you so much for your contributions and support!

Faithfully Yours,
Malgosia - on behalf of the LINGUIST List Team: Helen, Rebecca, Jeremy, Sarah,
Peace, Everett, Nils, Yiwen