30.2016, Jobs: English; General Linguistics: Remote Linguist, DefinedCrowd

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon May 13 17:53:07 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2016. Mon May 13 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2016, Jobs: English; General Linguistics: Remote Linguist, DefinedCrowd

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 13:52:52
From:  Brandão [georgia.brandao at definedcrowd.com]

University or Organization: DefinedCrowd
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.definedcrowd.com/
Job Title: Remote Linguist US English
Job Rank: Other; Remote Linguist

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

DefinedCrowd gathers and processes machine learning training data for AI
applications internationally, while providing services for cutting-edge AI and
Fortune 500 companies.

We count Amazon, MasterCard, Sony and Portugal Ventures amongst our investors
and are proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in the AI field!

We’re currently searching for 60+ native English-US linguists (that grew up in
the US) to assist in a 100% remote project.

This job will consist of reading a variety of scenarios and creating free-form
text using information in the scenarios. This feels more like a homework
assignment than anything else and will require creativity to imagine and write
an appropriate response to the scenarios. Unfortunately, we can’t share more
details than that!

All work will be completed remotely on a web-based platform and there are no
set "working hours". Work whenever it fits your schedule and make the most of
your time. The most important requirement is that you can commit to 20 hours
every week. This project will last for 7 weeks, but we expect this pilot
duration to be extended.

Qualifications:
- Linguist with a MSc and 3+ years’ experience; or a Linguist with a PhD
- Native English-United States speaker that grew up in the US
- Fulfill a 20-hour work week requirement
- More hours may be available, up to 25 hours/week, if needed

If you have the skills required and this project interests, we’d love to hear
from you.

There will be a screening test for all potential applicants.

Important:
Because we need to hire so many people in a short amount of time, we’ll be
using Upwork to hire everyone on a contract basis and track your hours.

If you don’t have an Upwork account, we can easily invite you to create an
account for this job directly. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Please be aware that Upwork chargers a 10% fee on your earnings.

Application Deadline: 31-May-2019

Email Address for Applications: georgia.brandao at definedcrowd.com
Contact Information:
	Georgia Brandao