30.2050, Calls: Applied Ling, Cog Sci, Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition, Ling & Literature/Croatia

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 15 00:49:15 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2050. Tue May 14 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2050, Calls: Applied Ling, Cog Sci, Gen Ling, Lang Acquisition, Ling & Literature/Croatia

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 20:48:56
From: Ivana Moritz [childrenandlanguages2019 at gmail.com]
Subject: Children and Languages Today 2019

Full Title: Children and Languages Today 2019
Short Title: ChiLa 2019

Date: 12-Sep-2019 - 14-Sep-2019
Location: Osijek, Croatia
Contact Person: Ivana Moritz
Meeting Email: childrenandlanguages2019 at gmail.com
Web Site: https://chila.eu/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Ling & Literature

Call Deadline: 15-Jun-2019

Meeting Description:

We hereby welcome you to the 9th International Scientific Conference
''Children and Languages Today'' with the topic Children and Linguistic
Identity. The conference will be held on September 12 – 14, 2019 in Osijek,
organised by the Department of Philology of the Faculty of Education in
Osijek, University of Osijek.

Children and Linguistic Identity:

Identity is very often seen as a self-explanatory or evident phenomenon, but
the question of identity is a complex one. Identity is a multidimensional
concept involving the inherited dimension (such as national and language
identity) and the selected dimension (such as one’s identity in relation to
others, or as a part of a community). In addition, the concept of identity can
refer to that of an individual, or the collective identity of a people.

Final Call for Papers:

Due to numerous inquiries about the paper submission deadline for the 9th
International Scientific Conference Children and Languages Today, we have
decided to extend it until June 15, 2019.

The central Conference theme is Children and linguistic identity. The
Conference will be held from 12 to 14 June 2019 in Osijek. It is organized by
the Department of philology, Faculty of Education, University of Osijek.

The publications from the last Conference will be presented at this year's
conference.

It is our honour to announce the confirmed plenary speakers, Prof. Marianne
Nikolov, University of Pecs, and Prof. Anitka Skelin Horvat, University of
Zagreb.

Please find attached the Call for papers, Submission form and Conference fee
information.

For more information please visit www.chila.eu.

Looking forward to meeting you in Osijek.

Chair of the Programme Committee: prof. Lidija Bakota, University of Osijek
Chair of the Organizing Comitte: prof. Valentina Majdenić, University of
Osijek
Conference secretaries: dr. Ivana Moritz, Mirta Bijuković Maršić, University
of Osijek

Conference website: chila.eu
Call for papers:
https://chila.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Second-call-for-papers-ChiLa-2019.