30.2131, Jobs: English; Ling & Literature; Translation: Lecturer, RMIT University Vietnam

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue May 21 17:49:38 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2131. Tue May 21 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2131, Jobs: English; Ling & Literature; Translation: Lecturer, RMIT University Vietnam

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 13:48:41
From: Nguyet Nguyen [nguyet.nguyenthitam at rmit.edu.vn]
Subject: English; Ling & Literature; Translation: Lecturer, RMIT University Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

 University or Organization: RMIT University Vietnam
Department: Department of Communication
Job Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Web Address: http://www.rmit.edu.vn/
Job Title: Lecturer, Translation and Interpreting
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Ling & Literature; Translation

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Job no: 572316
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract, Part time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh

RMIT Vietnam

RMIT Vietnam – a campus of RMIT University – is part of a global university of
technology, design and enterprise.  Our mission is to help shape the world
through research, innovation, teaching and engagement and to create
transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and
work. RMIT is a 5-Star university under the QS Stars international evaluation
system and ranks in the world’s top 400 in the 2018 Academic Ranking of World
Universities.

The Bachelor of Languages Program:
The Bachelor of Languages program comprises strands in translating and
interpreting (T&I) and Japanese language. The T&I strand offers both academic
and vocational development to student supported by a learning management
system, high-end hardware and software and a professional-quality simultaneous
interpretation booth.

See https://www.rmit.edu.vn/programs/bachelor-languages

The Role:
Due to the growth of the program we are seeking an experienced Lecturer to
join a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and supportive teaching team and to support
the growth of the T&I discipline against the exciting background of Vietnam’s
rapidly growing economy. The appointee will prepare, deliver, review and
update T&I-related courses from the Bachelor of Languages program.

The appointee will be responsible for course coordination and is expected to
actively promote both the program and the School through membership of - and
links to - academic and professional networks. A flexible attitude and a
demonstrated range of skills related to T&I is essential, as well as the
capability and competence to teach a range of relevant courses.

The appointee will be located at RMIT’s Saigon South campus and will be
expected to travel to other RMIT Vietnam campuses as required. We are happy to
consider either a full- or part-time position.

Key Selection Criteria:
- Relevant PhD or equivalent doctoral qualification from a recognised
institution.
- Professional T&I experience in a relevant sector.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver high-quality courses at
undergraduate level including the production of high-quality online or offline
teaching activities and support materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination role with evidence of achieving
course learning outcomes and positive student experiences.

To Find Out More:
For further information about this role, please visit our career website at
the application link provided below.

Please note:
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For
this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than
6.5).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese
Work Permit process.

Application Deadline: 16-Jun-2019

Web Address for Applications: http://careers.rmit.edu.vn/vn/en/job/572316/lecturer-translation-and-interpreting
Contact Information: