30.2218, Jobs: Dutch; Semantics; Syntax; Translation: Language Expert, DefinedCrowd

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue May 28 20:23:03 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-2218. Tue May 28 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.2218, Jobs: Dutch; Semantics; Syntax; Translation: Language Expert, DefinedCrowd

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 16:22:50
From: Joe Suryan [joe at definedcrowd.com]

University or Organization: DefinedCrowd
Department: Project Operations
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.definedcrowd.com/
Job Title: Dutch (nl-NL) Language Expert
Job Rank: Language Expert; Other

Specialty Areas: Semantics; Syntax; Translation

Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)

At DefinedCrowd, we make machines smarter for Fortune 500 companies. Our focus
is on improving Artificial Intelligence by providing high quality training
data – and we need help from linguists for various tasks, including but not
limited to creating quality measures for crowdsourcing.

We are seeking linguists with a good working knowledge of Dutch (nl-NL)
semantics and syntax, (competency in computational linguistics is a plus) to
complete the higher tier tasks that precede the jobs we do in the country.
These tasks usually involve translating the client ontology from English
(en-US), localizing instructions for our crowds, participating in completion
of tasks from the job to establish gold sets; and identifying acceptable
measures of quality by which the resulting data sets can then be validated.

We are looking to hire 1-2 of these Language Experts as soon as possible for
this role. The job will pay $30 per hour with a minimum of 4 hours expected
for its first stage of completion.

There will likely be 2-3 stages following this stage with increasing
difficulty and time required although the workflow has yet to be fully planned
out.

Minimum Qualifications:
- BA in Linguistics
- Native level competency in nl-NL
- Fluency in English
- Flexibility to work with our Project Operations Team spread across our
offices in Seattle, WA, Lisbon/Porto, Portugal and Tokyo, Japan

To apply, please see the application email provided below. Please specify what
language you are applying for in your email subject as there are multiple
languages we are hiring for. When the email is correctly prefaced there is a
higher likelihood for it to be looked at first.

Email Address for Applications: joe at definedcrowd.com
Contact Information:
	Project Coordinator Joe Suryan
	Email: joe at definedcrowd.com