30.4142, Qs: Quick Online Survey on ''It is (past) time''

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Nov 2 11:39:04 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-4142. Sat Nov 02 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.4142, Qs: Quick Online Survey on ''It is (past) time''

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 07:37:48
From: Yasutomo Kuwana [yasukuwa at asahikawa-med.ac.jp]
Subject: Quick Online Survey on ''It is (past) time''

I'm doing a survey on sentences like ''It is (past) time for him to update his
resume,'' the intended meaning of which is something like ''He has to update
his resume now.''  I would very much appreciate it if you as a native English
speaker could kindly take a few minutes to look at 12 sentences and answer
questions, and optionally provide comments on their usage, meaning, formality,
frequency, etc.  Please feel free to distribute this survey to any native
English speakers that you think would be interested in it.

Here is the link to the survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2GQFonYOCdJeE1n_rPCgpUPB5h40rtrsX_w
tx-iesu3xRjw/viewform

Linguistic Field(s): Semantics