30.4298, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Researcher, Educational Testing Service

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 12 16:01:44 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-4298. Tue Nov 12 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.4298, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Researcher, Educational Testing Service

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 11:01:23
From: Dave Yanchuk [dyanchuk at ets.org]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics: Researcher, Educational Testing Service, New Jersey, USA

University or Organization: Educational Testing Service
Job Location: New Jersey, USA
Web Address: https://www.ets.org/
Job Title: https://www.ets.org/
Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Educational Testing Service (ETS), with headquarters in Princeton, NJ, is a
global not for profit organization whose mission is to advance quality and
equity in education. With more than 3,400 global employees, we develop,
administer and score more than 50 million tests annually in more than 180
countries at more than 9,000 locations worldwide. We design our assessments
with industry-leading insight, rigorous research and an uncompromising
commitment to quality so that we can help education and workplace communities
make informed decisions.

We're currently seeking a Research Project Manager for our English Language
Learning and Assessment (ELLA) area which conducts research on assessments for
English learners in the U.S. and abroad, aiming to advance foundational
knowledge and improve practices in assessing English language proficiency in
academic and workplace settings, and developing knowledge and capabilities to
support new teaching and learning solutions for language learners of all ages
worldwide.

In this position you will provide technical and project management support to
research and development projects by collaborating with Principal
Investigators, RPMs, other Research & Development team members and ETS
departments, vendors, clients, and research participants. Our Research Project
Manager will demonstrate success in managing research projects (e.g.,
resources, timeline, deliverables and budget); plan, coordinate and execute
the scope of work of research projects; takes a lead role in coordinating
staff efforts across multiple roles (e.g., research assistants/associates,
scientists, data analysts, engineers) and areas (e.g., IT, legal, and business
units); and has detailed knowledge of research methodology, data management
and analysis). You will also serve as a technical resource to the senior staff
in proposing, planning, designing and implementing research and development
projects.

This position is particularly oriented towards an individual with expertise
and/or experience in second language teaching, language learning instructional
design, curriculum and materials development, technology-mediated language
teaching and learning, and language assessment, with a particular focus on
young-to-adolescent language learners.

Other requirements include:
- Master's degree with preference for a degree related to applied linguistics,
TESOL, educational technology, or similar.
- Six years of progressively responsible research management experience or a
combination of research and commensurate language teaching and/or
curriculum/materials/assessment development experience are necessary,
providing evidence of knowledge and abilities in conducting and managing
research, teaching, and development projects related to language education.

We are particularly interested in candidates with experience and expertise in
developing/managing language curriculum, instruction, and materials research
and development efforts related to younger language learners.

We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, possible relocation
assistance and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth.
For a full list of position responsibilities and to apply please visit the
application link provided below.

Application Deadline: 11-May-2020

Web Address for Applications: https://etscareers.pereless.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=83080.viewjobdetail&JID=295944&BUID=2538&cid=83080
Contact Information: