30.4478, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 26 17:27:37 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-4478. Tue Nov 26 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.4478, Calls: General Linguistics/USA

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 12:27:20
From: Irene Zurita [sparc.uflorida at gmail.com]
Subject: Spanish Portuguese Academic Research Conference

Full Title: Spanish Portuguese Academic Research Conference
Short Title: SPARC

Date: 13-Mar-2020 - 14-Mar-2020
Location: Gainesville, FL, USA
Contact Person: Irene Zurita
Meeting Email: sparc.uflorida at gmail.com
Web Site: https://sites.google.com/view/sparc2019/home?authuser=0

Call Deadline: 10-Dec-2019

Meeting Description:

The Spanish Portuguese Academic Research Conference (SPARC) is hosted by the
Organización de Estudiantes Graduados de Español (OEGE) of the University of
Florida.

The following keynote speakers will be attending:

Maria M. Carreira, California State University - Linguistics
Yolanda Arroyo Pizzaro, EDP University - Literature

The Department of Spanish and Portuguese and the Organización de Estudiantes
Graduados de Español(OEGE) at the University of Florida are proud to open
sessions devoted to the presentation of scholarly research in Linguistics and
Literature for the 2020 edition of our conference. Special consideration will
be given to the following areas, although general proposals related to
linguistics and literature will be accepted.

Call for Papers:

To submit an abstract, please send it as an attachment (PDF or Word) to
sparc.uflorida at gmail.com with the general area of study in the subject line,
no later than December 10, 2019 at 11:59 pm.

Linguistics:

Heritage Speakers
Bilingualism/Psycholinguistics
Sociolinguistics
Phonetics and phonology
Second Language Acquisition

Literature:

Caribbean Studies
LGBT+ Studies
Transatlantic Studies
Peninsular Studies

Presentations:

For paper presentations, 20 minutes will be allowed, followed by a 10-minute
question & answer session. Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and may
be submitted in either English or Spanish. A proposal for panels of 3
presentations should be submitted by the panel organizer. The panel proposal
cannot exceed one page in length and should include the theme of the panel,
the organizer's name and contact information, and the names, contact
information and affiliations of the panel participants. Each participant MUST
submit an individual abstract using our online system in addition to the panel
proposal. Please indicate that your presentation is part of a pre-organized
panel and list the title and organizer of the panel in the abstract.

Please visit our website for details pertaining to the track that interests
you. Be sure that your paper or panel is prepared according to the track’s
guidelines including, but not limited to, the format and the language of
presentation. Acceptance of a paper or complete panel implies a commitment on
the part of all participants to register and attend the conference. All
presenters must pay the appropriate registration fee by February 25, 2020 to
be included in the program. Failure to pay by this deadline will result in the
immediate removal of your abstract from the conference program. We will
attempt to contact you multiple times before removing your presentation.

Posters:

Poster presentations are intended to be face-to-face discussions. The posters
can be presented visually by using charts, graphs, tables, diagrams. Posters
can provide opportunities for extended discussions with peer researchers. Each
poster session is scheduled for about 1.5 hours length and the size of posters
are 3’X4’.