30.4046, Qs: Recruiting Northern Irish participants for an Online Experiment

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 24 08:15:30 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-4046. Thu Oct 24 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.4046, Qs: Recruiting Northern Irish participants for an Online Experiment

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 04:14:40
From: SARA DIAZ [sara_diaz_10 at hotmail.com]

Dear readers,

My name is Sara Diaz and I am doing a PhD at the University of Extremadura
(Spain). As part of my PhD research on Northern Irish English, I have designed
an online experiment to be completed by people from Northern Ireland (that is,
people born/grown up in NI and living there). The experiment takes 20 to 30
minutes but in most cases, you will only have to tick boxes. Apart from that,
it includes short clips taken from Northern Irish films so you will probably
find it entertaining.

Also, the survey is strictly ANONYMOUS. Any personal information, e.g. age,
gender or education level, will be collected for statistical reasons only, and
no identities will be associated with any responses. The results of the
experiment will be published in scholarly journals.

By following the link below you give your consent for us to use your responses
in the research project. Click on the link to take part in the experiment:

https://www.esurveycreator.com/s/51a793a

Should you have further questions about the project, contact me via my email
address:
Sara Diaz: sara_diaz_10 at hotmail.com

Feel free to send this information to anyone who might be interested. Thank
you!

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)