30.3394, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Netherlands

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 9 22:53:43 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-3394. Mon Sep 09 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.3394, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Netherlands

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 18:52:40
From: Mirjam Günther [mirjam.gunther at nhlstenden.com]
Subject: Multilingualism in European Education

Full Title: Multilingualism in European Education

Date: 09-Aug-2020 - 14-Aug-2020
Location: Groningen, Netherlands
Contact Person: Mirjam Günther
Meeting Email: mirjam.gunther at nhlstenden.com
Web Site: https://www.aila2020.nl/

Call Deadline: 16-Sep-2019

Meeting Description:

With the increase of multilingualism in Europe, there is a growing need for
new multilingual educational models that include all languages spoken in a
certain area.

This symposium focuses on multilingual education models in highly diverse
areas in Europe (e.g. province of Friesland - the Netherlands, Catalonia and
Basque Country - Spain, South Tyrol – Italy, etc.). It aims at exploring
different multilingual education models that involve all languages (minority,
majority, foreign, immigrant, dialects, etc.) spoken in the areas, including
amongst others, didactical approaches such as translanguaging, CLIL and
immersion. We welcome paper and poster submissions which address multilingual
education models in highly diverse areas in Europe.

Featured speakers:

Prof. Rita Franceschini
Prof. Joana Duarte
Dr. Mirjam Günther

Call for Papers:

We are inviting paper and poster submissions for our symposium at the 2020
AILA World Congress to be held August 9-14 in Groningen, the Netherlands.

All submissions are peer reviewed. You will be notified by November 18 whether
your submission got accepted.

Submission Deadline: September 16, 2019

https://www.aila2020.nl/call-for-papers

Strand: S111

Organizers:

Mirjam Günther and Joana Duarte
NHL University of Applied Sciences / University of Groningen