30.3407, Calls: Applied Ling, Disc Analysis, Lang Acquisition, Psycholing, Socioling/Netherlands

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 11 07:04:08 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-3407. Wed Sep 11 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.3407, Calls: Applied Ling, Disc Analysis, Lang Acquisition, Psycholing, Socioling/Netherlands

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 03:02:51
From: Rasmus Steinkrauss [r.g.a.steinkrauss at rug.nl]
Subject: World Congress of Applied Linguistics

Full Title: World Congress of Applied Linguistics
Short Title: AILA2020

Date: 09-Aug-2020 - 14-Aug-2020
Location: Groningen, Netherlands
Contact Person: Rasmus Steinkrauss
Meeting Email: AILA2020 at gcb.nl
Web Site: http://www.aila2020.nl

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 16-Sep-2019

Meeting Description:

AILA2020 is the World Congress of Applied Linguistics, hosted by the Dutch
Association of Applied Linguistics under the auspices of the International
Association of Applied Linguistics. The conference covers all subfields and
areas of Applied Linguistics and will take place in Groningen, the
Netherlands, from August 9 to August 14, 2020.

Final Call for Papers:

AILA2020 will take place from August 9-14 in 2020 in Groningen, the
Netherlands. The conference is the world's largest conference on Applied
Linguistics, and we as  conference organizers aim to bring together
participants from all over the world to present their research.
The conference consists of close to 200 thematic strands called symposia to
which we now invite you to submit your paper to.

On submission, you will be asked to indicate which type of presentation you
aim for. There are three types allowed at AILA 2020:

- Featured multimodal presentations (BY INVITATION ONLY)
- Standard multimodal presentations (i.e. presentations)
- Focused multimodal presentations (i.e. posters with a poster pitch)

Your submission will need to include the following:

- Author(s) and affiliation(s)
- Title: max. 20 Words
- Abstract: max. 300 Words
- Summary for in program: max. 50 Words

Please find more information on the submission process, as well as a list of
all symposia (strands) you can submit your paper to, on our website:
https://www.aila2020.nl/call-for-papers

This is also the website through which to submit your paper. Deadline for
submission is September 16, 2019.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Groningen!