30.3473, Calls: Uralic; Anthro Ling, Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Socioling/Austria

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 16 19:32:51 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-3473. Mon Sep 16 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.3473, Calls: Uralic; Anthro Ling, Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Socioling/Austria

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 15:31:47
From: László Fejes [fejes.laszlo at gmail.com]
Subject: Congressus XIII Internationalis Fenno-Ugristarum

Full Title: Congressus XIII Internationalis Fenno-Ugristarum
Short Title: CIFU XIII

Date: 16-Aug-2020 - 21-Aug-2020
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact Person: Johanna Laakso
Meeting Email: cifu13 at univie.ac.at
Web Site: http://cifu13.univie.ac.at

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Sociolinguistics

Language Family(ies): Uralic

Call Deadline: 30-Sep-2019

Meeting Description:

The International Congress for Finno-Ugric Studies (Congressus Internationalis
Fenno-Ugristarum, CIFU) is the most important international event in the world
of Finno-Ugric (Uralic) studies. It is organized since 1960 every five years.
Traditionally, the congress has been hosted by “Finno-Ugric countries”,
alternating since 1990 between Hungary, Finland, Estonia, and Russia. However,
at the 12th CIFU in Oulu, 2015, it was decided that for the first time in its
history, the CIFU of 2020 would take place outside these countries, in Vienna.
We at the Finno-Ugric Department of the University of Vienna are honoured by
this important task and the confidence placed in us. We also see it as an
important reminder about the international character of Finno-Ugric studies,
transcending the borders of states, regions, national research traditions and
schools.

We invite all interested colleagues to the XIII International Congress for
Finno-Ugric Studies, which will take place in Vienna on August 16–21, 2020.
The programme will consist of plenary papers, symposia, and general session
papers. The congress will have no single particular theme: contributions from
any area within Finno-Ugric/Uralic studies in the wide sense are welcome.
However, we would like to point out that papers representing Hungarian,
Finnish, or Estonian studies without wider international, contrastive or
comparative relevance would be better placed at a conference with a more
specific theme.

2nd Call for Papers:

Abstract proposals must be submitted by September 30, 2019, using the
electronic submission tool
(https://cifu13.univie.ac.at/call/online-submission/). Please, remember to
select symposium B.4 Vowel harmony.

The abstracts must be in English. If your presentation is in Russian, please,
give the title in Russian. The maximum length of each abstract is 3000
characters. Each participant can submit maximally two abstracts: one as the
lead author (presenting author), one as a co-author. Abstracts which for
technical or thematic reasons cannot be included into our symposium will be
reviewed as potential section papers.

You will be notified of the acceptance or rejection of your paper by March 1,
2020. The accepted abstracts will be published on the congress website. (In
case the author of an accepted abstract does not register at the congress, the
abstract will be removed.)