31.1229, TOC: Journal of Language & Politics 19 / 1 (2020)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Apr 1 23:20:11 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1229. Wed Apr 01 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1229, TOC:  Journal of Language & Politics 19 / 1 (2020)

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 19:19:46
From: Karin Plijnaar [karin.plijnaar at benjamins.nl]
Subject: Journal of Language & Politics Vol. 19, No. 1 (2020)

Publisher:	John Benjamins
			http://www.benjamins.com/

Journal Title:  Journal of Language & Politics
Volume Number:  19
Issue Number:  1
Issue Date:  2020

Subtitle:  Special Issue: The Mediated Communication of Gender and Sexuality in Contemporary Politics

Main Text:

2020. vi, 200 pp.

Table of Contents

Introduction

The mediated communication of gender and sexuality in contemporary politics:
>From equality of representation to the re-emergence of the masculine
Angela Smith and Michael Higgins
pp. 1–9

Articles

Just call me Dave: David Cameron’s perilous populist status
Angela Smith
pp. 10–29

A stairheid rammy: Female politicians and gendered discourses in the Scottish
press
Fiona McKay
pp. 30–47

Trumping Twitter: Sexism in President Trump’s tweets
Dr Giuseppina Scotto di Carlo
pp. 48–70

Clinton stated, Trump exclaimed! Gendered language on Twitter during the 2016
presidential debates
Dr. Andrea McDonnell
pp. 71–88

Political masculinities and Brexit: Men of war
Michael Higgins
pp. 89–106

“We need to rediscover our manliness…”: The language of gender and
authenticity in German right-wing populism
André Keil
pp. 107–124

Gender matters in questioning presidents
Steven E. Clayman, John Heritage and Amelia M. J. Hill | pp. 125–143
Constructing women’s “different voice”: Gendered mediation in the 2015 UK
General Election
Deborah Cameron and Sylvia Shaw
pp. 144–159

“You are not normal, you are against nature”: Mediated representations of
far-right talk on same-sex child fostering in Greek parliamentary discourse
Marianna Patrona
pp. 160–179

BOOK REVIEWS

Michael Kelly (ed.). Languages after Brexit: How the UK Speaks to the World
Reviewed by Hong Diao
pp. 180–183

Lesley Jeffries & Brian Walker. Keywords in the Press: The New Labour Years
Reviewed by Maria Fotiadou
pp. 184–187

Per-Erik Nilsson. French Populism and Discourses on Secularism
Reviewed by Alexander Alekseev
pp. 188–191

J. Bonnin. Discourse and mental health: Voice, inequality and resistance in
medical settings
Reviewed by Dr Michelle O’Reilly
pp. 192–195

Chris Shei (ed). The Routledge Handbook of Chinese Discourse Analysis
Reviewed by Muhammad Afzaal and Muhammad Ilyas Chishti
pp. 196–200

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis
                     Pragmatics
                     Sociolinguistics