31.1348, FYI: Online 4/16: Dorothee Saur, language plasticity

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 14 18:30:04 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1348. Tue Apr 14 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1348, FYI: Online 4/16: Dorothee Saur, language plasticity

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 14:29:52
From: Dirk Den Ouden [denouden at sc.edu]
Subject: Online 4/16: Dorothee Saur, language plasticity

Thursday, April 16, 2020, 2pm ET
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/667426173
http://cstar.sc.edu/lecture-series/

Neural mechanisms of language reorganization

Dorothee Saur, Prof. Dr. med.
University of Leipzig Medical Center, Germany

In my C-Star Lecture, I will summarize my work on mechanisms of language
plasticity. I will start with a short insight into the functional neuroanatomy
of language in the healthy brain. This is complemented by studies, in which
short-term plasticity is induced with transcranial magnetic stimulation in
healthy subjects and chronic stroke patients. The main part of my lecture is
dedicated to neuroimaging studies on stroke patients with aphasia. I will
introduce a model that summarizes the major neural mechanisms of language
recovery after stroke and their dependency on lesion site.

Key publications:
Stockert A, Wawrzyniak M, Klingbeil J, Wrede K, Kümmerer D, Hartwigsen G,
Kaller CP, Weiller C, Saur D. Dynamics of language reorganization after left
temporo-parietal and frontal stroke. Brain 2020; 143(3) 844-861.
Hartwigsen G, Stockert A, Charpentier L, Wawrzyniak M, Klingbeil J, Wrede K,
Obrig H, Saur D. Short-term modulation of the lesioned language network. Elife
2020; 9.

This lecture can be followed online from your computer, tablet or smartphone,
via the following GoToMeeting address (no password required):
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/667426173

You can also dial in using your phone: United States: +1 (872) 240-3412
Access Code: 667-426-173

Join from a video-conferencing room or system:
Dial in or type: 67.217.95.2 or inroomlink.goto.com; Meeting ID: 667 426 173
Or dial directly: 667426173 at 67.217.95.2 or 67.217.95.2##667426173

New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting
starts:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/667426173

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics