31.1478, Confs: Cog Sci, Hist Ling, Ling Theories, Phonetics, Psycholing/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 30 04:16:02 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1478. Thu Apr 30 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1478, Confs: Cog Sci, Hist Ling, Ling Theories, Phonetics, Psycholing/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 00:15:21
From: Miguel Oliveira, Jr. [miguel at fale.ufal.br]
Subject: Abralin ao Vivo

Abralin ao Vivo

Date: 04-May-2020 - 31-Jul-2020
Location: Internet, Brazil
Contact: Miguel Oliveira, Jr.
Contact Email: miguel at fale.ufal.br
Meeting URL: https://www.instagram.com/abralin_oficial/

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Historical Linguistics; Linguistic Theories; Phonetics; Psycholinguistics

Meeting Description:

The coronavirus pandemic has reshaped many of our academic practices. At this
time, social distance is an importante and necessary measure. However, the the
exchange of ideas between researchers need to be maintained. With this in
mind, the Brazilian Linguistics Association is organizing a virtual event:
Abralin ao Vivo. The event was designed to give students and researchers free
access to state-of-the-art discussions and on the most diverse topics related
to the study of human language.

Abralin ao Vivo has a daily schedule of conferences and panel session with
distinguished linguists from all over the world. These activities will be
broadcast online, on an open and interactive platform: abral.in/aovivo. The
broadcasts will be freely available for later access on the platform
afterwards.

The online series will start on May 4, with Noam Chomsky and will host several
prestigious linguists, such as Dan Everett, David Crystal, Shana Poplack,
Barbara Partee, Salikoko Mufwene, Gary Barkhuizen, Evelina Fedorenko, David
Poeppel, Henrique Monteaguddo, etc. The event will last until the end of July.
Since the programme is still open, please follow our social network for daily
updates: https://www.instagram.com/abralin_oficial/.

Program Information: