31.2565, Confs: Applied Ling/Japan

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Aug 13 16:25:07 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-2565. Thu Aug 13 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.2565, Confs: Applied Ling/Japan

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 12:24:29
From: Atsushi Fujimori [fujimori.atsuhi at shizuoka.ac.jp]
Subject: The 20th International Conference of the Japan Second Language Association

The 20th International Conference of the Japan Second Language Association
Short Title: J-SLA2020

Date: 27-Mar-2021 - 28-Mar-2021
Location: National University Corporation Shizuoka University, Japan
Contact: Shigenori Wakabayashi (J-SLA Secretariat)
Contact Email: j-sla_2020 at j-sla.org
Meeting URL: https://en.j-sla.org/

Due to the spread of COVID-19, we've decided to postpone our conference until
next year.

New Conference Date: March 27-28, 2021
Venue: National University Corporation Shizuoka University
(836, Ohya, Suruga-ku, Shizuoka-Shi, Shizuoka-Ken, 422-8529, Japan)
Access: https://www.shizuoka.ac.jp/access/map_shizuoka.html

Original Posting:

J-SLA 2020 is an anniversary conference to celebrate the 20th year since the
founding of our association. It will be an international conference held in
Shizuoka, where the inaugural conference took place, with two
internationally-renowned plenary speakers. Please join us to discuss cutting
edge research whilst admiring the fantastic views Shizuoka has to offer, such
as the blue and white of nearby Mt. Fuji towering high in the sky.

Invited Speakers: Lydia White (McGill University) and Robert M. DeKeyser
(University of Maryland)