31.2690, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 31 14:36:59 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-2690. Mon Aug 31 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.2690, Calls: Gen Ling/Online

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:36:18
From: Lisa Wagner [lcwagn01 at louisville.edu]
Subject: Southwest Popular and American Culture Association

Full Title: Southwest Popular and American Culture Association
Short Title: SWPACA

Date: 22-Feb-2021 - 27-Mar-2021
Location: Virtual, USA
Contact Person: Lisa Wagner
Meeting Email: lcwagn01 at louisville.edu
Web Site: http://www.southwestpca.org

Call Deadline: 13-Nov-2020

Meeting Description:

For the 2021 Conference, SWPACA is going virtual! Due to concerns regarding
COVID-19, we will be holding our annual conference completely online this
year. We hope you will join us for exciting papers, discussions, and the
experience you’ve come to expect from Southwest.

Proposals for papers and panels are now being accepted for the 42nd annual
SWPACA conference. One of the nation’s largest interdisciplinary academic
conferences, SWPACA offers nearly 70 subject areas, each typically featuring
multiple panels. For a full list of subject areas, area descriptions, and Area
Chairs, please visit http://southwestpca.org/conference/call-for-papers/

Call for Papers:

All papers in the area of theoretical linguistics and applied linguistics are
welcome. Papers in the areas of language pedagogy and language use are
especially encouraged. Language of presentation: English.

All proposals must be submitted through the conference’s database at
http://register.southwestpca.org/southwestpca

For details on using the submission database and on the application process in
general, please see the Proposal Submission FAQs and Tips page at
http://southwestpca.org/conference/faqs-and-tips/

Individual proposals for 15-minute papers must include an abstract of
approximately 200-500 words. For information on how to submit a proposal for a
roundtable or a multi-paper panel, please view the above FAQs and Tips page.